forty two

42|REMY

"Why is Eren in the dungeon?" Lillian mumbled to her husband who refused to let go of their son. "And Mikasa?"

"Punishment." He answered shortly, standing outside of Eren's dungeon.

"The Attack Titan?" Eren mumbled to himself, clutching his hand as if it was sore.

"What are you doing?" Hanje asked him with confusion, tilting her head slightly. Instead he stared at her with furrowed brows so she leaned back against the wall and intimidated him. "The Attack Titan. Didn't you just do that?"

"No." He quickly denied while watching Levi unlock his cage.

"Huh? He did that, right? Didn't you three see it just now?" The new Commander continued to ask, refusing to listen to Eren.

"Yeah, but that was..." Armin tried to justify the boys actions but ended up trailing off.

"See! What was that all about, Eren?" Hanje gasped dramatically but he once again rejected her constant questioning. "It's the name of your Titan, isn't it? What were you doing talking to yourself?"

"Enough, Hanje." Levi spoke up, stopping the woman. "He's fifteen years old. Everyone goes through a phase."

"Ew." Lillian cringed when she understood what her husband meant, Eren's face mirroring hers.

"Huh? What kind of phase are we talking about?" She gasped again, making a large deal about it.

"Hanje, I'll explain to you later. It's not right with him here." Armin quickly quietened the woman down.

"Huh? What do you mean by that?"

"What the hell did you come for?" Eren exploded, annoyed at his captain for making the comment.

"Get out." Levi opened the door for the boy.

"I'm supposed to be disciplined for ten more days." He said confused. "Is that a baby? Lillian?"

"It's over." The captain informed him with short words. "Hanje just now was punishment enough."

"That's our son who has no name." Lillian told him with an awkward grin, staring at Levi with a raised brow.

"We talked with Premier Zachary, so don't worry about it." Hanje waved off his concern. "If we jail the heroes who toppled the Armoured and Colossal Titan, it kinda sends a bad message, you know? Plus, you were defying us morons who let the Beast and Armoured Titan get away."

"Are you done rambling?" Lilly laughed, leaning her head on the taller woman's arm. "And I can't wait to read the reports."

"That's not." Eren struggled for words as Armin let Mikasa out of her cell. Her cheeks looked hollow, body thin with sickness. "Did you lose some weight? We had plenty to eat, though."

"You seem good." She mumbled to him as Lillian checked her over, concluding it to be lack of nutrition.

"Let's go. Get dressed quick." Levi commanded as he began to walk away. Lilly quickly caught up and stole her baby back, cooing at his little snores.

"Where are we going?" Eren asked, still standing by Mikasa.

"To an audience." The stoic man replied, not giving a proper answer. "Her Majesty has come to Trost."

~•~

"We're here." Levi announced after knocking on the door, Hanje and Jean already with the Queen.

"Your Majesty." Armin, Mikasa and Eren bowed to their old friend as she approached them.

"Stop it. It's not an official position yet." She said flustered, waving off their bows. "So much has happened, hasn't it? But all I did was stare at the south sky from within the walls."

"It has." Lillian opened one arm, giving the shorter woman a small hug while holding her baby with the other arm. "It's so good to see you."

"You too. Have you thought of a name yet?" Historia questioned, stroking the sleeping babies soft cheeks.

"I would like you to meet Remy Farlan Ackermann." She beamed, allowing the Queen to hold her adopted nephew.

"Its an important duty of yours just to stay alive." Armin reminded Historia, bring the conversation back.

"Yeah, that's right." Eren mumbled his agreement.

"I'm glad to see you're all acting like usual." Historia smiled at them all before passing the awakening baby to his father.

"Well, that's because it just hasn't sunk in for us yet." The Titan Shifter answered truthfully.

"Shall we get this going?" Hanje asked, shuffling paper to prepare for the meeting.

"I shall see you all later, this little one needs fed and I'm off to check up on Sasha." Lillian informed them all, waiting for everyone to leave the room so she could speak with her husband. "I was hoping this could all be finished soon, I want to spend a few days with my husband without constant distractions."

"I believe our little angel is a distraction." Levi placed his son in the small carrier and wrapped his arms around his wife. "I must admit, I'm starting to miss the pregnant belly."

"We should start practicing soon so I can have another one." She teased, kissing him passionately as he lifted her up and backed them into a wall. As his lips travelled down her neck, sweet moans escaping her mouth, a loud cry rang out across the room. "Someone is annoyed you're trying to steal his milk."

"He'll have to learn that I owned every inch of your body before he came along." He dropped her gently to the floor, placing a gently kiss on her lips before seeing his son. "I'll see you later, my little devil." Levi placed a gingerly kiss on his sons head, stroking his cheek before leaving the room to attend the meeting.

"You really are a devil." Lilly chuckled, picking up her son and sitting down, unbuttoning her shirt to feed to whining child. "You're lucky so many people love you my little Remy."