eight

8|ANNIE LEONHART

"What's taking so long?" Levi broke the silence as he, Lillian and Eren sat in the dining room of the old castle. "Where the hell are Erwin's men? At this rate, the Military Police escorts are going to show up before them. Must be having a hell of a hard time taking a shit."

"Please excuse my husbands shitty jokes." Lillian apologised while casually sipping her tea. "And the pun was intended."

"You're very talkative today, Captain." Eren chuckled awkwardly, eyes darting between the pair.

"Don't be stupid." The older man shot back. "I talk plenty."

"Sadly it's true." The doctor rolled her eyes before putting down her cup as her husband winced in pain. "What's wrong?"

"I'm sorry." Eren said at the same time, looking down in annoyance at himself. "If only I hadn't made the wrong choice then, none of this would've happened."

"I told you. No-one knows how things will turn out." Levi stopped the boy from rambling while Lillian kneeled down to assess his leg.

"Sorry I'm late." Erwin finally arrived, his eyes widening at the explicit position his sister was in.

"I swear if you make that comment." She growled while standing up, pointing an accusing finger at the man. "I'll make sure you're the last person to carry on the Smith name."

"Guys!" Eren gasped in shock as his old comrades entered behind the commander, cutting the woman off as she sat back down beside her husband.

"We believe we've found out who the female Titan is." The Commander informed everyone. Erens face twisted into confusion while his green eyes darted around the room. "We will capture her this time."

"And I can kill her?" Lillian asked casually, ignoring the glare Levi was sending her.

"Your not allowed anywhere near combat after what happened last time." Levi stated coldly.

"What happened?" Eren mumbled, staring at his Godmother in surprise and worry.

"The last time I went out on an expedition I was thrown off my horse by an abnormal." Lilly explained, pouring herself and Levi more tea while everyone sat around the table. "I got banged up pretty bad, still have a few scars littered around my body. However, what Erwin and Levi always forgets is I got straight back up killed that bastard then his friend."

"You almost died." Levi argued weakly, sipping on the tea. "It was the first time I've ever seen Erwin so afraid."

"But I'm not dead." She argued back.

"Let's start this meeting." Erwin piped up, trying to stop the pair from getting into an argument. He rolled a map across the wooden table and stood at one end, addressing everyone. "We do it the day after tomorrow, while passing through Stohess District on our way to the capital. This will be our first and last chance at her. Once on the other side, the government will take custody of Eren and we'll have difficulty investigating those bent on destroying the walls. Both of which will foster humankinds destruction. We'll have to bet everything on this operation."

"The plan is this." Erwin continued, pointing at the map. "While passing through Stohess, we use Eren as bait to lure the target into this underground passage. Given the targets size and strength, if we can get her as far down as possible we should be able to immobilise her in her Titan form. But, in the event that she transforms before then it'll be up to you, Eren."

"Understood." Eren nodded his head in agreement. "Are we certain the target will actually be in Stohess, then?"

"Yes. The target is a member of the Military Police." The Commander stated.

"Plot twist!" Lillian mumbled loud enough for Levi to hear.

"Military Police?" Eren tried to wrap his brains around all the information given to him.

"It was Armin who identified her." Erwin stated. "We believe that she killed the two Titans we caught alive and that she might have trained with you in the 104th Cadet Corps."

"Bigger plot twist." Levi kicked his wife gently under the table with his good foot.

"H-hold on a minute!" The Titan shifter stuttered. "The 104th Cadet Corps?"

"The name of the girl we believe to be the female Titan is Annie Leonhart." The room stilled at the mention of the girls name, Eren in complete shock.

~•~

"I always did find you better looking in casual clothes." Lillian hummed in thought as her eyes trailed over his form.

"And I always preferred you in those black panties." Levi replied, sitting back against the head board of their bed while the blonde paced around the room, trying to find a formal dress for court.

"We have gone three rounds this morning, let me get dressed already." She teased, finally finding the silk black dress she was looking for.

"You and I both know a simple dress won't stop me." He stood up and stopped behind her, zipping up her dress slowly.

"Are you two ready?" Hanje yelled while banging loudly on the office door. "Unless you two are making me a Godmother, hurry up!"

"We are coming!" Lillian shouted back, chuckling slightly at the older womans comment.

"I bet you are." The brunette woman laughed while walking away leaving the couple to roll their eyes.

"Come on." Levi offered his arm as they left their shared room, knowing he needed the extra support.

"I think this is the first time you've publicly showed your affection towards me." The blonde woman slowed her step for her husband and joined Erwin at the front doors with Hanje.

"Wow, you two actually look like a married couple." Hanje nodded, eyeing off the pair as they ignored her.

"Or like you are going to a funeral." Erwin added. "Isn't that the dress you wore to mothers funeral?"

"I found it fitting for the occasion." The doctor replied, helping Levi into the carriage before following him in, Erwin entering last.