Chapter Twenty Eight

-Chapter Twenty Eight-

“Boy problems,” Jake stated bluntly. “You’ve got to be kidding me. Lily doesn’t have ‘boy problems’.”

“Every girl has them, Jake,” London said, scoffing at him. “Every girl.”

“Like who?”

“Well, all the girls at this table have surely had them! Isn’t that right, ladies?”

“Damn straight,” Danielle told her.

“Yep, Jake. It’s true,” I said. Inside though, it felt like my heart was getting beat with a baseball at the moment. Boy problems.

Does the Christian situation count as a ‘boy problem’? I'm pretty sure it does!

Alex, forget about him. You have Jake now. He’s your boyfriend, and you’re over Christian, I told myself. You don’t need Christian.

I think Jake noticed the melancholy expression on my face and knew what I was thinking about. He gave my hand a reassuring squeeze.

I offered him a small smile. There used to be a small, empty hole in my heart, but now there isn’t, thanks to Jake. He was... slowly filling the hole.

I looked into his eyes, and got lost in them... Even if that sounds really cheesy, it’s true. There was so much emotion in them, honestly. He returned my smile, and his eyes lit up.

If we weren’t in the middle of a restaurant right now, I would’ve kissed him at this exact moment. But yeah, not a huge fan of PDA.

“But she wouldn’t tell me who!” London exclaimed. What were we talking about again? Oh yeah, Lily and her boy problems.

“Why not?”

“I think she’s embarrassed or something.”

Then, I was pulled back into the conversation. “About telling?” I questioned.

“Yes. Where have you been?”

“Probably in her world of craziness,” Danielle explained.

That is so true. “Whatever.”

“I’m pretty sure Lily would’ve told me if she has a little crush on someone,” Jake said.

“Did she tell you about this? I think not!”

“True.”

“Exactly. Well, what can we do to make her break the ice? And ideas?”

* * *

“A generator? Why would we need that?” I asked, scribbling down on my notepad.