Chapter Thirteen

READ AUTHOR'S NOTE!

 -Chapter Thirteen-

Ugh, I hate Jake. No I don’t! He’s just irritating me. It’s been three days, he hasn’t told me where he lives — creepy, I know — we haven't even talked for Christ's sake!

I’m probably going to die from irritation. That would be a terrible thing to put on my gravestone though.

R.I.P Alexandria Annabelle Turner, the girl who died from irritation.

Yeah, that’d suck.

I glanced at the oven in the kitchen, reading the small digital clock. It is five forty-three AM. I slugged back into the tall, tight-fitting chair that was set next to the small bar. My bowl of cereal was almost empty, and my Fruity Pebbles were beginning to get soggy.

My mom demanded that we all wake up at five o’clock. The airport is twenty minutes away from my house, and we don’t need to be at the airport until seven AM. What the heck, Mom.

Everyone else was still either lying in their warm beds, or getting ready upstairs. I was the only one downstairs. Danielle is supposed to be here soon, but since she is, well in fact, Danielle, she is probably going show up at the last minute. And yes, my mom decided that Danielle could come. I was so excited when she told us that news. I knew she would cave sooner or later. 

I dumped my bowl in the sink, not bothering to rinse it out. I’m too tired. I yawned and made my way to the staircase.

The loud sound of my baby brother crying echoed through the almost-silent house. Ugh, shut up, Kyle! A terrible stench made its way to me. Oh God. I ran up the stairs and into Kyle’s nursery, the room next to Peyton’s.

As I opened the door, I saw Kyle standing up in his crib, trying to get out. He was just about to jump out too. Babies these days and their smart minds figuring how to get out of these tiny jail cells. I wish I was that smart when I was a baby.

Suddenly I remembered what was happening, coming out of my little world. My baby brother was about to jump out of his crib and die. Well, he isn’t going to die, per se, but he’ll most likely injure himself. I ran across the room just as Kyle was lifting his leg over the gate.

Picking him up, my sense of smell kicked in and I started gagging. I laid the stinky baby on the changing table, and began to change his diaper. Where the heck is my mom? She’s the one that was across the hall, right? Yet, I had to come from all the way downstairs to change this little stink bomb. . .

Once Kyle was changed and into a new diaper, he was smiling and that terrible odor was almost gone.

I planted a kiss on the toddler’s head as I placed him back into the cradle. I left his room, trudging down the hallway to my own.

I’m still not done packing. Mostly because I have been uploading some of my stories on Wattpad. Either that, or because I’ve been watching TV due to my laziness. I have most of my clothes packed up, I just don’t have the little stuff packed up — makeup, hairbrushes, shoes, etc.