Chapter Nineteen

-Chapter Nineteen-

“Jake where in the world are we?” I questioned as Jake’s motorcycle came to a halt.

“You have to wait and see!” he replied.

Okay so first, we stopped at Walmart. Why, you ask? Because Jake “needed” to buy a blindfold. Why did he need to be a blindfold, you ask? Because he “needed” to surprise me.

So now, we were at this mystery destination of his. I could feel Jake get off of the bike. He lifted the helmet that was placed on my head off, and helped me get off.

“You ready?”

“Yes, I have been waiting for like forty minutes.”

His hands went to work at the knot that he had tied tightly in the blindfold. Once it was removed, I blinked rapidly, trying to get my eyes to adjust to the sudden change of lighting.

“Where are we?” I asked.

“Knott’s Berry Farm Amusement Park,” Jake replied, grinning from ear to ear. “They have some water rides too. Wanna ride those?”

“Jake. Why would you expect me to get on a water ride when I don’t even have my bathing suit?”

“Alex. You’re wearing one right now.”

I glanced down the cover up that I wore over my bikini. Oh! Yeah, that’s right I did have one!

“Oh, yeah,” I muttered, looking down at the ground. My cheeks tinged pink. “So why a theme park?” 

“Why not?” he replied. “ Come on, it’ll be fun.”

After renting a locker to hold our belongings, or dead weight as Jake puts it, we roamed around the large amusement park.  Jake held a map of the park, taking place as the navigator.

“Oh, how ‘bout this one?” Jake asked.

I looked at where his finger was pointing to. It rested next to cartoon looking roller coaster. The ride was called ‘The Xcelerator’. “Hum. Sure, why not?” I smiled. That ride looked pretty fun.

“You’re not going to be scared, right?”

“No, why would I be?”

“I don’t know, it looks pretty intimidating. . .” he trailed off.

“You think I can’t ride that because I’m a girl, don’t you?”

“Definitely not.”

“Okay, well I bet you twenty bucks I could ride that while keeping a straight face.”