Chapter Twenty Six

Like I said in the last chapter, the end is near :D And this is long!

~Recap~

I was ready now. I was going to do this right here, right now. Taking in a deep breath, I put my hand on the door handle and opened it.

There she was, lying on her bed, playing on her laptop, looking as beautiful as ever.

- - -

-Chapter Twenty Six-

~ Jake’s P.O.V ~

Alex’s averted her eyes so they landed right on mine. A little gasp escaped her mouth and she scurried to stand up straight.

“Jake.”

“Alex, I’m sorry,” I told her immediately. That’s all I could think of saying, honestly.

“Why?”

“You know why already.” She crossed her arms over her chest and glared at me.

“You’re right. I do,” she told me. “Why’d you do that? Do you even know how that made me feel? Do you even know what it feels like to me when I’m with you? You kissed me, Jake. Then you don’t even talk to me!” she yelled.

“What do you feel when you’re with me, Alex? Do you feel all weird inside? And what did you feel during that kiss? Could you maybe say, I don’t know, fireworks?”

She scoffed. “That only happens in movies.”

“Oh, but you did feel something. I know you did. Alex Turner, you have feelings for me.” Her eyes went as wide as saucers, and I took a few steps towards her until I was within kissing distance. “But that’s okay. Mostly because I have feelings for you too. . .”

~ Alex’s P.O.V ~

My heart stopped beating in my chest, and my mouth went dry. What did he just say? I gulped, trying to get the dry lump that somehow managed to get itself stuck in my throat out. Did he say that he has feelings for me? And how does he know that I like him?

Jake smirked at me. “Yes, you most definitely did hear correctly,” he whispered huskily.

His oh-so-soft lips connected with mine yet again, and I did feel the so called ‘fireworks’. Well, not fireworks, but there was definitely something there. It felt like the whole world had stopped.

He sneaked his arms around my waist, pulling me closer, and I snaked my arms around his neck. My body molded into his as I ran my fingers through his hair. My stomach started to feel all funny, the way it usual does when I’m with him. I never knew I could feel so many things at once!