Chapter Forty

Hey, please read the a/n at the end! :D

-Chapter Forty-

          Brent and I had fun dancing. I really hated to admit it, but this is kind of the most fun I’ve had all night. People occasionally asked me if anything was wrong with Jake. They would ask where he was, and if everything was alright between us. Of course, I just went with the lie he told me in the first place.

          “Yeah, everything’s fine!” I lied smoothly to the girl in front of me—something I can hardly ever do, thanks to my amazing lying skills. “He just wanted to rest because he had a bad headache.”

          The girl nodded with a smile. “I can understand! This music is so loud!”

          “I agree,” I told her.

          “Well, later, I guess!” She walked away from where I was sitting on one of the couches that was pushed up against the wall. I sighed and relaxed into the soft throw pillow behind me.

          I just couldn’t get over it. Jake still loves Audrey, and is upstairs, dreaming that he was with her. And I’m just sitting here, having fun with some other guy. I had planned to have fun with Jake and not Brent. Not that there’s anything wrong with Brent, though.

          “Hey, I’ll be back. I’m going to go to the kitchen for a minute. Want anything?” Brent said, leaning closer to me.

          “No, I’m good. Thanks though.” I smiled at him. I was glad he was here to dance with me when my boyfriend wasn’t. But by just thinking about that, made me even more pissed off at Jake.

         I got sick of waiting for Brent while everyone around me was having fun. Great, he ditched me too. It’s only been five minutes, I reminded myself. Deciding I didn’t want to sit around anymore, I stood up, and looked around for someone that I knew. Anyone.

          Finally, after looking around through the large group of people on the dance floor, I spotted the dark haired boy. It was Blake.

          “Blake!” I called to him, getting his attention. He span around towards me.

          “Yo.” He smirked. “What are you still doing here?” he asked.

          “Have you seen Jake anywhere? And what do you mean?”

          “Well yes, I have. And I just thought you would have left with him since he left. Guess not.”

          My jaw dropped. You’ve got to be kidding me! “He left!?”

          “Yep. Sorry, babe.” Winking at me, he brushed past me.

          I began fuming. I don’t know where to go, or what to do now. I wanted to cry. Ditching me was one thing, but completely leaving me alone here with a bunch of strangers was another thing. I don’t even know where the heck I am for crying out loud! How am I supposed to get back to Vicky’s house? Did he take the car that we came here in? If so, then I would have to get a ride home with someone.