Chapter Thirty Two

-Chapter Thirty Two-

“Tell London that I am going to go to the party with you guys on Friday, and that I’ll be at your house soon so we can all talk about it. Then I can finally make a move on Jake ;)” 

I sighed heavily at Lily’s text message that she had sent me seconds ago. I didn’t bother replying―what could I say to that? She’s going to make her move on Jake?

I can’t even begin to explain how bad I feel about not telling Lily about me and Jake yet. If I were her, I wouldn’t want someone to tell me that the person that I’ve been in love with since forever was taken by the new girl. Would you like that? But, I don’t want her mooning over my boyfriend, either.

What if Jake likes Lily, though? And if he broke up with me to be with her? Then what?

 Gosh, Alex, shut up. Get these bad thoughts out of your head already! I told myself. Yeah, okay. Don’t jump to stupid conclusions. What’s the point in that, to make me feel even worse?

I turned over on the couch, slightly changing my position. My phone ‘dinged’ again, and I turned it on, reading the new message. It was from Jake this time.

“Hey, Alex. Mason’s on his way to go ask out Danielle ;) Don’t tell her.”

I smiled. Are you kidding me? I have to tell her now!

I looked over at her on the couch parallel from mine. On the couch she was lying on her back, her left leg was hanging over the side of the couch lazily, and her eyes were focused on her cell phone. A pair of old sweats covered her body; her hair was pulled back into an extremely loose ponytail. I would say she looks like crap, but she looks somewhat decent. . . Well, no. She’s wearing I-want-to-laze-around-the-house-all-day-and-do-nothing attire.

“Danielle, you should take out your hair,” I told her.

She gave me an odd look. “Why? Are we going to go see the President? If not, then I’m not doing. . . Well, anything really.”

“The President isn’t coming, but someone just as important in your world is coming over. Jake’s coming and Mason is tagging along this time.”

Gasping loudly, she widened her eyes a fraction. “I look like a pile of dog shit!” she exclaimed. “I have to go change. I’ll be right back.”

I smirked at her and decided to reply to Jake. It would be great to have him here right now, even if I did see him early this morning.

“Okay, I won’t tell her :) Can you come over too?”

He replied within the minute. “Sure. Be there in ten minutes.”

“Okay, see you soon, then.”

I attached my eyes to the television screen in front of me. It has been on for at least an hour and a half by now, but neither me nor Danielle were paying attention to it. It has simply become nothing more than mere background noise.