Chapter Eleven

-Chapter Eleven-

“Wait, what? Where are we going!?” I asked, dumbstruck. Did they just say. . . ?

“We, my little children, are going to California!” Mom clarified, clapping her hands together in excitement.

“Mom, I am not going to California! I can’t deal with all of that sun!” I told her with the best straight face I could possibly give.

“Alex, I hope you know that you live in Miami. You live in the sun, idiot,” Peyton said.

 I slapped her across the head. “Shut up.” I then turned back to my parents. What kind of sick twisted scheme is this? “Why in the world are we going to Cali, Dad?”

“Because your mom’s sister is getting married, and we can go on vacation!” he replied.

“Which one? The one that I actually like?” I asked, my face lighting up.

“Yes, Aunt Vicky. That’s the one.”

“Oh my gosh! I haven’t seen her in like forever! How long has it been, two years now? When are we going?” All of these words poured out of my mouth in one long breath.

“Says the one who doesn’t want to go,” Peyton mumbled, earning yet another slap on the head.

“Both of you stop it. And Alex, we are going in two weeks.”

* * *

I still can’t believe it. We are going to California! More importantly, I get to see my all-time favorite aunt! Vicky is the most fun woman I have ever met. She acts like a kid, and is just plain awesome! She’s the kind of woman who is actually in her thirties, but looks like a teenager. That only makes me wonder what she’ll look like when she is an old lady... Huh.

My phone buzzed in my pocket. When I checked to see who it was from, I saw that it was Danielle. I frowned; I thought it was going to be Jake.

“Hey, A. Whatcha be up to?” The text said.

“I figured out where I’m going on vacation.” I replied after a few seconds.

“:O Well! Fill me in!”

“We are going to California.”

“WHOA! ALEX OMG.” she said.

“What?”

“Jake lives in California, right? What of you meet him?”

My breath caught in my throat. What if I do meet him? Realization flooded my body when I noticed how big California is. “Don’t get too excited, Dan. California is huge.”