44

I could feel the tension in the air.

Everything went by so slowly, I could imagine what happened even before it really happened.

It's like suddenly I could predict the future.

I hurriedly jumped to the side after seeing a vision, and soon after that, the wall behind me was broken into smithereens and I caught a pair of yellow unmistakeable eyes.

Analise.

She snarled at me, showing her extremely long fangs.

"Well, well, well," She stood up straight and retracted her fangs,"Isn't this the famous Masked Assassin?" Her eyes started glowing even brighter than I thought it could and I seemed to lose focus to my surroundings, to the rest of the ongoing battle.

"Come to me." She seemed to have change her looks.

She wasn't Analise anymore.

She was her.

Mum.

But her eyes were still a hypnotizing yellow, which caused me to walk forward to her without even realizing it.

Even the surroundings changed. It was no longer the dark chambers in the Vampire Coven. It was in the old house I used to live in with Mum and Dad.

"Come to me." Her voice was exactly like Mum's now, but her hair color was fading back to it's original red.

I can't do this.

I'm much stronger than this.

I tried to stop myself from moving any further, but my legs seemed to be not listening at all.

It is like I'm in a dream, I felt a little dizzy and my vision was getting worse each time I stepped closer to Analise.

I have to wake up.

Thank goodness my hands were still in my control.

I hurriedly grabbed one of the daggers hanging on my waist and stabbed my left thigh.

Sometimes you just have to make some sacrifices.

I felt pain immediately, but I bared with it. I gritted my teeth together as I glared at Analisa.

Her hair was back to being red. But her features still look rather like Mum.

I growled, pulling the dagger out and charging at her.

I guess I was quite fast. Why? I managed to stab her before she could escape.

She fell to the ground, screaming. I grabbed another dagger from my waist and continued to stab her till she stopped screaming. By the end of it, I was already panting a little and I knew that my eyes were glowing too. And of course, the blue fire was on my left eye.

Wait. Blue fires on both eyes? Sweet! I achieved my goal! Why didn't Klaus tel-

Okay I seriously need to stop thinking to myself at times like this.

I stood up, but as soon as I did, I was tackled by someone else.

I stared up to the eyes of the person who rejected me.

He was in his wolf form, snapping his canines at me.

Ha. Thinking you're so strong?

I growled back, eyes glowing gold by now as I pushed him off me. He flew up due to my strength and fell to the ground with a loud thud.

He whimpered a little before standing up again, preparing to attack me again.

I cracked my knuckles, getting ready to put an end to his useless life, but before I could do that, he was tackled by a dark blue wolf. I hear a bone snap and a sad and angered feline howl from the other side of the place, and I came to a conclusion.

Mum just killed Daniel.

Before I could deeply digest this information, I was pushed back by a sudden force, onto a wall hard, breaking some bones in the process. I knew I was in deep pain, but seriously I couldn't feel a thing.

Slowly, a boy who looked like he was just fourteen walked forward, looking a little upset.

Alarik.

"I'm sorry, I'm forced to do this," He said simply, before making his right hand into a fist.

That was when I felt intense pain everywhere.

I screamed as my bones shatter into million pieces, I looked at the boy again and just then, he was tackled by two wolves.

By wolves, I mean enormous wolves.

I dropped onto the ground immediately, and I grunted in pain. The wolves shifted back, and that was when I realized that they were Alpha King and Luna Queen. Luna Queen walked towards me. She had a blanket covering her naked body as she squatted down and brought out a needle.

With purple liquid.

Due to the incident with Tyler last time, I am now horrified with needles with unknown liquid in them.

I tried moving away, but I just couldn't. She spoke up,"I'm sorry for everything I've done to you last time, and-" I couldn't hear what she said in the end, as there was a sudden crash.

Sweat trickled down her forehead as she hurriedly jabbed the needle into my forearm and injected the purple liquid into me. I see her mouth 'good luck' and that was it, she ran away, with the Alpha King.

I could feel no pain anymore. I slowly sat up, bending my knees and elbows.

The purple liquid saved me.

I guess not all unknown liquids are harmful.

I turned to my left and see Alarik on the ground, knocked out. I could see a silver needle beside him. I think Alpha King injected him with some knock out liquid or something.

---

Chase's POV

Aline was quick, maybe even faster than I am.

She was moving so fast, I could barely see her.

She scratched me across my stomach, making me wince a little.

Just a little bit.

I was about to attack her back when she just suddenly fell onto the ground. My eyes met with bright purple ones.

Amanda had a huge grin plastered on her face.

"You're welcome," She said, swinging the bloody knife with her long slender fingers.

Now, this is the real Amanda.

Even though she was much older and smarter than me, she still acted like a fourteen-year-old. Maybe because she was the second youngest among the Elders, after Analise who is her older sister.

And why was her eyes different from the other Elders? No one ever knows.

"Thanks," I said, out of breath.

"I'm sorry I'm late," She sighed,"Alexander locked me in the freezer."

"It's okay," I shrugged.

"Bye, I've got to settle with some problem," She waved before running away, in which direction only God knows.

I turned around, looking at the battlefield in front of me. Vampires. Witches. Wolves.

Wait. How did the pack get in?

Like I care anyways.

Many lives were already lost, I could even recognize some familiar faces on the ground.

But I could only feel anger and desperation right now.

Anger for them for killing people I care for.

And desperation to kill them.