14:

"Why did you wake up so late? I've gone to the mall for more than an hour already. It's like about 12pm now," I said to Tyler as he clumsily walks into the kitchen.

Yawning, he ignored my comment and said," Want to go hunting after lunch?"

I rolled my eyes at him," Okay."

---

I pulled on my black fingerless leather gloves. I wore a black tank top and the same pair of black skinny jeans I was wearing earlier. I put on my long cloak and the mask. I slipped on my combat boots and equipped the sword on my back. I had about six daggers and two guns with me.

I 'shifted' as it makes me much stronger and have better reflexes when I'm in that form. My eyesight and sense of smell is also much better than when I'm in human form.

I didn't pull on my hood, what's the point anyway? My cloak had a hole on it, so my tail can move around freely.

"Ready?" I asked as the blue fire appeared on my left eye.

"Ready." Tyler nodded.

I pulled open the window and jumped out, Tyler following behind me.

Once he reached the ground, I was going to tell him something, but he beat me to it,"Want to hunt alone today?"

Huh? Why after two years he wants to hunt alone? We never hunt alone. He was even the one who suggested we to become partners.

I was suspicious of him, since Makayla told me that there's something wrong with his aura yesterday, but still let him go," Okay then. Why not?"

Hearing my reply, he ran off to the opposite direction immediately, without saying another word. I narrowed my eyes at his retreating silhouette.

I realized my tail had been moving forwards and backwards really quickly, nonstop.

'Excited?'

'Hell yeah I am. I can't wait to vent my anger on some rogue!' Makayla growled.

I smiled at her and ran into the woods.

I jumped from tree to tree. I don't care if they could smell I'm a halfbreed anymore.

Suddenly, I hear a rustle below me. My eyes changed as I stop dead in my tracks and peered down. I hid behind some leaves and hid my scent below them.

There were two vampires, as I could smell. One was a teenage guy who looked my age, and another was a couple of years older than him.

"Do I still have to go to school?" The younger one said.

"Of course, dumbass," The older one replied, rolling his eyes.

Dumbass asked," Why? I've been studying the same thing for more than a hundred years already, Chase."

"Silas, my dear brother. We have to make things less suspicious. The newspapers already have articles about people being torn to shreds already," Chase said.

Newspapers? Torn into shreds? I really have to keep up with the news.

I realized that Chase and Silas looked very different, for brothers. Silas still had a child-like look. Chase was much taller. Chase had dirty blonde hair, and green eyes. His face held a smirk as he talked to Silas.

Silas had blonde hair, much lighter than Chase's. I couldn't see his eye color though, as he wasn't facing me like Chase is.

Chase has high cheekbones, as I could see.

"Don't move," Chase said after I saw him stiffen.

I myself stiffened.

After a few crucial seconds, Chase smirked, again, and yelled out," Come out wherever you are, halfbreed."

I took in a sharp breath.

I'm such an idiot!

I slowly walked to the end of a branch, trying to avoid the brothers' attention. Halfway towards the end, I realized that they could see me.

I'm really an idiot.

"Well well well, look who do we have here? A halfbreed hunter," Chase smirked as he eyed my sword on my back.

I accidentally tripped over my foot and toppled backwards, falling down the tree. I was bracing for the impact of the fall, but nothing hit me. I only felt something holding me.

I forced my eyes open and saw Silas looking down at me. I realised he was carrying me, bridal style.

"Are you okay?" Silas looked at me with big, dark green eyes.

I gasped and pushed him away out of shock. He lets go of me and I fell on the ground.

So much for being the best hunter in history.

"I'm sorry. I was just going to hunt," I raised my hands up in a form of surrender. I could take them down, really, but I couldn't kill them, it will be against the Rules, since they didn't kill anyone.

"By staying in a hiding place for more than five minutes?" Chase raised his eyebrow.

I growled at him, showing my canines. He snarled at me in response.

"I didn't know hunters wear masks," Silas cocked his head to a side curiously.

"They don't. Only I do."

"Why?"

"I can't tell you." I said simply.

"How old are you even?" Chase still had his eyebrow raised.

"Fifteen," I said, shrugging," You guys?"

"Two hundred and fifty-three and he's two hundred and fifty-two," Chase pointed to himself, then to Silas," But he turned at fifteen and I turned at sixteen."

"Turned on the same day?"

"And by the same man. That disgusting Elder," Silas scowled and I chuckled at him.

"Why are you even so friendly to us?" Chase says out of no where.

"What?"

"We're vampires. You're a hunter. Shouldn't you want to have our heads?" He explained.

"Only bad ones," I said simply.

"Huh?" Silas is totally confused, as I could see.

"I have to go. See you, Chase and Silas," I waved a little and ran further into the woods, away from the brothers.

"Hey! What's your name, beautiful?" I heard Chase shout after me.

"Ally!" I shouted back, using a nickname instead of saying my real name. I'm quite surprised that Chase and Silas didn't follow me.

---

"What took you so long?" I raised my eyebrow as I saw Tyler walk into the apartment.

He smelt like Victoria.

"I- I erm wanted to hunt some more."

"It has been four hours."

Tyler didn't answer me, only shrugged. Then, he just walked straight into his room.

I sighed as I ran a hand through my hair.

I have to figure out what's up with him.