51

The funeral earlier today went by in a blink of an eye.

I just remembered being dressed in my dark hunter attire with Chase holding my hand tightly.

We had to burn the bodies. One of the saddest problems in supernatural death.

Silas's body was the last to be burnt. His green eyes was the last thing I saw before the huge flame overwhelmed him.

We went back to the apartment together in silence.

—-

"What's bothering you lately?" Chase asked as he worked in the kitchen.

Man, what good food he could make.

He placed a huge plate of omelette, sausages, pancakes with honey syrup, waffles and 2 tuna sandwiches in front of me.

"What do you mean?"

He clicked his tongue as he thought for a while. "You seem to be lost in your own world a lot of times this week. Something is bothering you, I know it. But what is it?"

"Nothing is bothering me," I mumbled, feeling numb as I lied my way through.

I took a bite off the tuna sandwich. He sat down beside me and took the other sandwich.

I had been seeing things. True or not, I have no idea. I keep feeling this dark aura around me. Only when Chase isn't with me. So I feel safest with him.

I feel sharp pain on my chest multiple times a day too. It usually lasts for a minute or so, but lately it gets longer, up to five minutes.

Something is coming after me. I can feel it. But I just don't know how to tell Chase this.

"Tell me the truth, Alaysieh." He looked at me as I took another bite off the sandwich.

I slowly chewed.

Sighing, I replied softly," There's something after me. I keep feeling a dark presence around me whenever you're not here with me. I think I might be going crazy."

"Did you just say a dark presence?"

"Yeah."

"Oh my Death. Okay do you feel pain in your chest multiple times a day? Like for a minute?"

"Yes."

"Oh my Death. Oh my Death. Okay, I think I know what is happening," He placed the half eaten sandwich back onto the plate as I took one last bite of mine.

"Don't do anything crazy, okay? I know you. You're not going crazy, trust me."

"Okay," I choked as I suddenly felt intense pain on my chest.

I clutched the area where my heart was at. I fell back and my head hit the ground with a loud thud.

"Alaysieh!" I could vaguely hear his voice. It was like he was standing miles away from me.

A blurry vision of his face appeared as I felt him shook me violently.

"Alaysieh!" He shouted faintly again.

I started choking even worse than before. Blood started coming out of my mouth.

I felt arms go behind my back and I was lifted from the ground.

My chest was hurting. My head was pounding. I was still choking up blood. My body was jerking violently.

"Chase... Don't leave me..." I took in a deep breath and blacked out.

—-

Chase's POV

'Don't leave me...' That was the last thing she said before her eyes turned fully black and her body slumped.

My heart beated incessantly.

This wouldn't have happened if I fell in love with her. This is all my fault. She is in this situation all because of me.

Cold sweat trickled down my forehead as I ran out of the apartment as quickly as my vampire blood could.

Within five seconds I arrived at the Local Supernatural Hospital. I didn't know that existed until I looked up the web two seconds ago in the Supernatural World Wide Web (SWWW for short).

The place was in a mess. Pixies and faeries were flying and jumping everywhere, leaving bright shiny dusts in their trail, annoying my sensitive nose. Werewolves that were here were held captive as they had either lost control over their wolves or gained some serious animal diseases. Vampires, who got burned by sunlight, were given buckets of cold water as they waited for their turn to see the witches and warlocks to treat them.

I rushed to the counter and a faerie looked up at me.

"What happened to her?" She asked as she looked at Alaysieh worriedly.

Blood covered Alaysieh's mouth and she was still unconsious.

"I think she got possessed," I said, not realising till now that tears were rolling down my cheeks.

"Oh dear," The faerie said as she ran to get a stretcher. Once she came back, she shouted as I placed Alaysieh on the stretcher reluctantly. 

"Emergency room! Emergency!" She shouted as she started to push Alaysieh deeper into the hospital. I started following behind her but she stopped and turned to face me," I know you are very worried for her but it's for the best that you wait out her for her. We can't afford you getting possessed by whatever is in her too."

"But..."

"No buts. I'm sorry," She ended as other faeries came and pushed Alaysieh away from me.

My head hung low as I walked towards a vacant seat.

I held my head with both my hands and try to hold anymore tears.

Suddenly someone tapped my shoulder lightly. 

I looked up to see a face of a young werewolf boy. He looked about six.

"Hi," He said, grabbing my much larger hand to shake it," My name's Davidson. What's yours?" There was some mispronunciations in his sentences since he was so young.

"My name's Chase," I replied with a fake smile plastered on my face," What are you doing here?"

"Mummy and Daddy got hit by a car when they were coming home," He shrugged as though it was no big deal," Nurse told me mummy and daddy would be okay. What are you doing here?" He copied.

"My girlfriend is sick," I smiled faintly as I lied to him," She's very sick."

"Oh. Don't worry, Mummy always tells me good heroes will not die. She's a good hero, right?"

I smiled a little wider," Yes she is, she saved a lot of lives."

Davidson smiled," Then you don't have to worry!" 

I was about to reply him when a faerie came and smiled at us. She then looked at Davidson," Your mum and dad wants to see you. It's okay for you to go in now."

"Yay!" He exclaimed as he jumped down from the chair and held hands with the faerie. Both of them started walking away.

Davidson suddenly turned around and smiled at me," Remember, don't worry. Good heroes always lives."

I returned the smile," Stay strong, kiddo."