43

"I got the keys," Silas said suddenly, appearing behind Alexa. She jumped, clearly surprised.

"You dumb!" She whispered, smacking on his left forearm lightly.

He laughed, sweeping her hands off himself playfully, followed by throwing me a few keys. I understood what it was for.

I walked forward to the first cell, looking in to see a girl who looked like she was just thirteen with a boy who looked like he was just a year older than her.

My heart clenched as I tried to unlock the cell door as quickly as I could. Upon the sound of the keys, the duo in the cell looked up, and the girl whispered weakly," Are you going to hurt us?"

That broke my heart immediately.

"You're going to be just fine," I said," Trust me."

Both of them nodded as I swung open the door, letting them out. I turned around, already seeing Klaus talking to them, trying to make them laugh. I smiled a little.

After ten minutes, I had already let half of them out. The others were standing at the entrance, briefing the werewolves about what they were supposed to do then telling them to make their way out as quietly as possible.

It took another five to six minutes before I released all the werewolves that had been locked up.

Well, except for my beloved parents.

Since they were the strongest, they were locked up in a cell, like the other werewolves, but in a room that was deeper into the place.

I ran towards the direction of their tiny cell, I still remembered where it was since the last time I came here.

I fumbled with the keys when I saw the huge door to their cell. My heart was thumping erractically as I inserted the key into the key hole. The door creaked as I opened it and stepped inside. It was horribly cold for a werewolf, I could barely stand it.

"Mum? Dad?" I whispered, in hope that they would reply as I didn't want to be in here any longer.

They didn't reply me, however, I was responded by a sad howl, as though calling for it's mate. My footsteps quickened, following the direction of the sad howling.

And what I see in front of me made me stop dead in my tracks and fall down to my knees, a single tear rolling down my cheek.

My mum was in her wolf form, a dark blue wolf. She was cuddling with a body, and from the sad look in her blue eyes, I could tell that she didn't want to let him go.

"Dad..." I managed to croak out, staring at the lifeless body.

My mum shook her huge wolf head, slowly shifting back.

"He took that for me," She cried softly," He took the hit for me. This is all my fault."

Her brown hair was in a mess, injuries all over her body. My dad was the blonde one. My mum ran a hand through his shaggy hair as she cried.

Once I finally regained my composure, I hurriedly stood up and opened the silver door, surprisingly it didn't burn me.

"Come on, Mum," I said softly,"We have to go."

I grabbed he forearm and started tugging her out. She grabbed onto Dad's arm like there was no tomorrow, screaming,"No! I can't leave him here!"

My heart broke into a million pieces.

"We have to go," I said, tears streaming down my face,"Before the vampire finds out."

I hear shuffling of feet behind me, and someone made me let go of my mum. I looked, shocked at Chase talking to my mum.

The most surprising thing was that my mum, the most stubborn woman you can find in the world, actually listened to him.

She stood up, rubbing the tear stains off her cheeks. Then, she walked out independently, with Chase and me trailing behind her quietly.

---

"That's all, right?" Alexa asked as we walked towards them.

"Yeah," Chase helped me to answer her.

"Okay, we should get going now," Silas said, and all of us nodded our heads in agreement.

"Where are you going?" A deep voice stopped us.

I heard Chase mutter some colourful words as we slowly took steps backwards. Chase pushed me to stand behind him.

Suddenly, it felt like there was an earthquake, the whole place was shaking.

I peered over Chase's shoulder and saw four vampires. I recognised none of them.

Four of them looked up at us at the same time, their yellow eyes shining in the dark.

One stood forward with a smirk plastered on his face.

"Well, look who we have here?" His voice held much authority, able to send weak vampires down to their feet.

"Let's do some introduction," He continued,"I am Alexander. That is my sister, Aline. My brother, Alarik. And my cousin, Analise. We are the Elders."

He tilted his head to a side.

"And we are going to be your worst nightmare."

---

Happy new year guys! School just started and I can't update as much chapters as before. I hope you like this chapter! Have a fantastic 2015!