24

"I thought you hated her," I said to Chase, voice so soft anyone could barely hear it.

"I don't hate her. She just reminds me too much of Aly-" That was it, he collapsed onto the ground, knocked out.

"Alyssa," Silas helped Chase to complete his sentence.

I sat on the ground, unable to feel anything.

I don't know what to even feel.

"You guys handle Chase, I'll take care of the boy," I said in a monotonous voice.

"Okay," Both of them said in unison.

"And by the way, Klaus you still owe me an explanation," I said, not facing both of them.

Klaus didn't reply me.

I stood up and walked over to the boy. His green eyes were still wide open from the shock.

I felt for his pulse and it was faint, slowing stopping.

"Sorry, you have to die if you want to live," I whispered, closing his eyes and twisting his neck.

I heard his neck break and laid him on the grass.

"How long would it take?" I asked Silas.

"For what?"

"For him to turn into a vampire."

"About two hours or so, depends on where Chase bit him," Silas shrugged.

I looked over his neck and realized that Chase had punchered two perfect small holes at the crook of the boy's neck.

"Crook."

"Then it'll take about an hour." I turned around and saw Silas hoisting Chase up, holding Chase on one side and Klaus at the other.

"I'll bring him back to Alexa's house." I nodded," Klaus you can follow him if you want, if not, I think Silas could do it by himself."

Klaus had an emotionless expression plastered on his face.

Silas smiled, clueless to Klaus," It's okay, I can do it by myself."

Upon hearing that, Klaus dropped him immediately and walked over to me.

"See ya," Silas saluted and ran off before I could even blink.

"So what's up?" I asked after a few awkward seconds.

I sat down on the grass next to the brunette guy and patted the space next to me. Klaus grumbled under his breath and sat down," I thought you forget about this already."

I poked his shoulder," How would I ever forget?"

He sighed, running a hand through his blonde hair," He killed him."

"Who what who?"

"Silas killed my mate."

"Silas killed- wait you said- you're gay?" I said, surprised.

That escalated really quickly.

"Yeah," Klaus had a sad smile plastered on his face," My mate's name was Oliver. I met him on my fifteenth birthday."

"Oh sorry, I didn't mean it that way! I meant it like I'm happy that you met your mate and you're gay- No wait, that totally came out wrong again! I meant-" I blurted out, unable to stop myself.

Klaus chuckled," It's okay. I totally understand how you mean."

"Really?"

"Yeah, it's okay."

"Thanks, Klaus." I rested my head on him. "Can you tell me more about Oliver?"

"I'll cry if I do."

"It's okay. Crying is part of recovery. You have your big sis here, don't worry."

I felt Klaus's chest vibrating and I heard his chuckling.

"How do you know you're older?" Klaus said in between his chuckling.

"Gut feeling. I have that instinct to protect my little bro," I smiled.

"Come on, Alaysieh. We're twins! At most you're like a few hours older than me, if you're the older one that is."

"Hey, get back to the topic."

"Okay," Klaus sighed," Oliver was the same age as me, I met him at the library. I was looking for a book about werewolf history when I bumped into him."

His voice got softer and softer.

"He was a werewolf hunter."

This story is quite similar to my own mate story.

Daniel was the werewolf.

I was the werewolf hunter.

I wanted to comment something, but I gave him my respect and kept quiet in a signal to tell him to continue.

"He didn't know we were mates," Klaus continued after a while," So I just tried to get closer to him."

"I've only known Oliver for a day," He fidgeted with his hands," The next day he went out to hunt."

"I was behind him, following, but he didn't know. He tried to kill him, Silas, but got killed instead. I watched him get torn into pieces. I didn't even get to tell him that we're mates," He mumbled the last part. If I weren't a werewolf, I wouldn't have heard him.

"Wait. What time?" I sat up immediately, looking at Klaus. He bit his bottom lip, trying to stop himself for crying.

"About 1pm, I think."

That's weird.

"But I met Silas on that day, at that time. He couldn't be at two different places at the same time."

"Huh? How is that possible?" Klaus sat up straight, tears no longer visible.

"Unless..." I tapped my chin," I think I might know what's wrong. I'll find out more about this later."

"Tell me, Alaysieh. I need to know."

"Yeah, I know you have the right. Klaus, I think Silas might have his own doppelganger."

His eyes widened as he slowly took everything in, understanding the problem.

"We might have a serial killer in our hands, that looks exactly like Silas."

"Yes, we might have, Klaus," I took in a sharp breath.

---

Hey guys!

So I hope you like this chapter.

Do you think Silas has a doppelganger, or not?

What do you think about the brunette boy?

Will he be good, or bad?

And Klaus's dead hunter mate?

Do me a favour and vote and comment please!

Thanks, ily guys xx

-mystricxl