46

Chase's POV

My beautiful angel.

Face so pale.

Lips so red.

Hair so silky.

Gone.

Her big eyes stared at me. It was filled with emptiness.

I let out a pained cry.

I was so mad. So mad till I started shaking.

"ALEXANDER!" I shouted, twisting my body so that I could face Maximus. Maximus stared into my bloodshot eyes and before he knew it, I tore his head off his body.

Strongest vampire ever made? Such a weakling.

Maximus was pampered since he was found by Alexander. Ever since he turned a thousand, the Elders started injecting things into him which helps him become stronger.

I turned around so quickly I heard my neck crack. I snarled at Alexander.

He had an amused look plastered on his face.

I was about to pounce on him when something else tackled him instead.

Alaysieh's mum.

Looks like not everything is frozen in place any longer.

My eyes went down to the angel below me. I landed on my knees, biting my bottom lip. I touched her long blonde hair. Everything was so peaceful.

Until someone behind me stabbed me. From behind my chest. Right where my heart was.

I choked up a little blood. I looked behind me, seeing Maximus behind me, with not a single scratch on him.

"Think you can kill me so easily?"

I continued choking, in the end falling beside Alaysieh.

I turned to face her, followed by closing her eyes so that she could rest in peace.

Suddenly, someone shouted.

"Chase!" Amanda's familiar voice could be heard," Bite her neck!"

Bite her neck? Is she crazy?

No harm trying anyways.

It took my last strength to hoist myself and her up. My head bent down to her neck.

She smells so sweet.

I waited no more.

I sunk my teeth into her neck, through her clothes, taking a sip of sweet, tasty blood. I had no strength left. I fell back down onto the ground, Alaysieh's body following me.

I glanced at her face again, taking in every single detail of her. My vision started getting blurry and I knew this was the end for me.

Just as I was about to be engulfed in darkness, my eyes met with big red ones.

I smiled faintly.

---

Special someone's POV

My eyes opened immediately as I took in a huge breath. My neck felt weird. I looked in front of me, seeing Chase lying down beside me with his eyes closed.

Where am I? Is he sleeping? Are we still fighting? Millions of questions came to mind as I sat up with a grunt.

Suddenly, I had a strange urge. I don't know the urge to what, but a strong metallic scent hit my nose.

It smells delicious.

Wait! What am I talking about?!

I looked around, but before I could turn to my left, something made me fly backwards, hitting my back on the wall. I grunted in pain again, wincing at the sharp pain on my back.

As soon as the pain started, it ceased. It's like I healed on a millisecond.

Something released me and I landed on the ground with a loud thud. I winced at the pain that shot up my spine. The pain went as fast as it came. I think the speed of my healing increased somehow. Something might have happened when I was not conscious.

"Look you idiot," Maximus came forward with a sneer on his face. "I don't know what Chase did to get you alive again, but I all know is that I need you dead again."

He grabbed my neck and pulled me up. He had this wild look in his eyes.

"Let go of me!" I growled and shifted. However, I didn't get the feeling of my gold fur on my wolf body. Instead I was like some wolf shifted halfway and can't shift any further. I felt fangs poking my bottom lip. What is that?

Suddenly, a huge wave of desire of drinking blood hit me.

Wait. BLOOD?

I wasn't thinking straight, it's like someone was controling my body instead of my own mind.

I growled and my legs were brought up to kick Maximus away from me. He grunted and fell backwards, letting go of my neck in the process. I landed on the ground on my knees and I stood up immediately to pounce on Maximus. I tackled him onto the ground and went down to his neck for some reason. I was about to sink my fangs into his neck when he pushed me off him with all his might.

I flew back but didn't hit the wall. I sticked to the wall like Spiderman. How am I able to do this? I don't even know.

I snarled by instinct and pounced back on Maximus. This time, I did not wait. I went straight for the kill.

I sunk my teeth into his neck, draining the life out of him. He tried to push me off again, but somehow I was much stronger than before and he became weaker and weaker by the second.

Blood isn't disgusting, in fact, it actually tasted delicious. I felt like a vampire. But it couldn't be. I am a werewolf.

I threw his limp body onto the ground hard, licking the blood off my lips. My eyes were burning gold.

For some reason, he could still grunt. I turned back and looked at him cautiously. When his eyelids moved a little, I growled while baring my fangs and stepped on his face hard. So hard till the floor broke apart and his head sunk in. It was like an explosion.

Once I made sure he was dead, I spat in his face in anger.

I slowly took in everything around me.

Soulless bodies were all over the ground and blood dotted the place. People I care for are on the ground too.

That only fueled my anger.

I took a step forward angrily and was immediately tackled by something huge.

An Alpha werewolf?

Oh no, I don't think so. It gave me the chills. The bad vibes.

It's something bad, really bad.

And it's after my blood. I just know it.

---

Author's Note.

Who do you think the special someone is??

Although it's quite obvious... BUT NEVER MIND.

I'm such a weird person...

~mystricxl