The Roadmare

I pulled the car over walked up to the door and pressed the door bell, fiddling with my fingers.

"Scarlett??"

"William! I cried throwing my arms around his neck burying my head in his shoulder and I began sobbing. To say I was hurting would be an understatement. I was beyond hurt, I was shattered into a million confused pieces that even fairy Magic could not fix.

If my own mate is a monster then why am I the protector? Who exactly am I supposed to protect? Because after today I feel like I need more protecting than anyone.

"What happened are you okay Holy!!! What happened to your wrist?" William asked pointing to my now swollen wrist which had marks from that tight hold Brandon had on it, I quickly yanked my hand out of his hold.

He invited me in and led me to sit on the couch then he sat opposite to me, he didn't say anything and I just sat there crying my eyes out.

"Scarlett at some point your going to have to stop crying and talk to me." He said coming from the kitchen placing a glass of water in front of me

"It's,,,I.... Where have you been William?"

"What!?"

"Why did you stop writing me?"

"Is that why you are here crying your eyes out with a swollen wrist? Because you think I stopped writing you??"

"No I'm here because I'm going through some stuff and I needed a friend. Even though that friend abandoned me a few years back."I said running my hands through my face. William was my friend and all but being here felt so wrong and somewhat awkward. The two of us hadn't talked in a long time, I'm not sure if we still get along the same way we did back then. I mean bumping into him the other day was good, it felt great but we didn't get a chance to hang out and just catch up. Besides that I felt like I was betraying Brandon. I know he's supposed to be the last person on my mind since I am so mad at him but honestly he is the only person on my mind and my wolf wasn't too happy that I was here too but I pushed all this doubts and feelings aside, I needed some company,  and by company I mean anyone who is no way related to Brandon William was here so its no big deal.

"I didn't abandon you Scarr, That's what I thought about you too, Until I came home." He said sitting closer to me and I felt Sabrina getting worked up, she hadn't said a word to me since I left the pack house and now that I was in William's house, she was giving me off vibes.

"Scarr??" He called me realising that my mind had wondered off

"Huh!"

"Are you sure you're okay?"

"What are you talking about William?"
"Why did you leave me?" I raised my voice feeling a sudden irritation towards him.

"I...I had to go to School Scarlett you know that."

"Yeah but why did you stop writing me?"

"I just explained that, I moved from that apartment to live on campus, and I wrote to tell you that but I assume you had already moved from the convent too , it was just a mix-up with addresses,"

"at first I thought you were mad at me or something,then I thought you just didn't want to talk me, at some point I thought something had happened to you. I worried about you Scarr, I thought about every single day, I would never abandon you ever."

I swallowed my voice and looked at him with a blank expression, a lonely tear slipping down my already bulgy eyes. I felt the genuineness in every word he spoke. William was the only friend I ever had, the only person who defended me, he protected me, he fought bullies for me, he even took me training with him so that I could learn how to fight for myself, so yeah I knew he meant every word he said. I buried my head in my knees feeling bad.