Chapter 2

"Hey, you look like hell," Jason said as I was printing out tickets for the show.

"I feel like hell," I told him, which was true, my mind couldn't get around anything, and I couldn't help but wonder who this mysterious guy my apparent mate was. What is a protector? And why do I have a bloody heart in my hand? I couldn't go back to sleep last night because of all these questions popping into my head.

Nothing made sense was I expected to believe all that the gypsy said and actually find it okay? who has a heart in their hand? and if my heart is in my hand then what's that thing beating in my chest? What did she mean I was not human? Good God, I should probably admit myself to a mental asylum because I am without a doubt losing my mind.

"Hey crackhead,,, snap out of it am still here, hello." Jason snapped his fingers at me, and I jumped startled, realizing how deep in thought I was.

"Fuck off," I annoyingly muttered and he laughed.

Jason was a nice guy, I didn't know him much because he didn't come around the Theatre often, Only came around monthly to get the record books but he was a great person, one that I could relate to.

I got to work as usual, everybody kept walking about in panic since the boss was coming, I didn't understand what the fuss was about, I mean it's not like he was going to hang anyone.

"Hey Crackhead" Jason Called when I was backstage ironing all the outfits for the performers tonight.

"What do you want Dip Shit?"

"Hey I have someone I want you to meet," he said dragging me by the arm. "Alright alright I can walk you know," I said bumping into some guy.

" Ohh I am Sorry, but could you make way for us? I am kind of in a rush." I said but the guy did not bother moving he just stared at me with anger-filled eyes. okay, am I missing something?

"Excuse me, Dick-head, I said I was sorry and that my friend and I were in a rush so if you don't mind," I said my temper now running short.

"Scarr, Jason coughed, this is the person I wanted you to meet." He said and I felt a bit of a shame.

"Ohh!!" I blinked dryly eying the guy from head to toe.

"Why are you introducing me to strange guys I don't know Jason? I told you I am not dating anyone so stop trying to hook me up already."

"Who said anything about dating? I was just introducing you to a friend." I looked at him with the 'ADMIT IT' facial expression for a few seconds without saying a word

"Come on Scarlett you hate everybody, God knows you need a special someone in your life."

"That's right, I hate people, so I can't be caught dating." I don't know what's more embarrassing, the fact that Jason was trying to hook me up, or the fact that this guy just stood by and listened to me say all these things and still decided to stay, I mean a brother with some pride would have long left by now.

"You could keep it a secret," he winked and his friend coughed. "Listen am sorry guy, nice to meet you and all although am sure it must have been very unpleasant for you to meet me but I've got to get back to work," I said turning in my heels annoyed at this whole situation going on here.

Scar this is Brandon." Jason said holding on to my wrist and I saw the guy's face toughen (anger issues much)

"Telling me his name won't change my mind, Jason."

"Brandon nice to meet you and Bye," I said in a bored tone.

"Brandon is Mr. Clayton's Son, Mr. Clayton won't be making it tonight so he sent his son instead, and I thought you would like the pleasure of meeting him before everybody else does because he is my friend you know," Jason explained to me. Ohh explains why he is so stuck up, already acting like he owns the place, PSH, whatevs!