Cold Feet

*Please Note that This Chapter Serves As Chapter6,  Which Comes after the Chapter Titled Continuing in the Beginning chapters, I'm sorry for the confusion I've been rewriting this story.   

Scarlett's POV

I woke up this morning replaying all of yesterday's events, some of them making me blush, and others making my stomach turn, like the part where Brandon was taking me to meet his family today, he must be out of his mind does he know how big of a deal meeting family is?

He doesn't fully know me, in fact, I don't know him. I can't be meeting his family when I don't even know him. Who is to say they're not gonna hate me, or attempt to burn me, or use my own axes to chop my head off and put it on display in their house?

Okay! Okay! I'm overthinking and being a little dramatic, but all this is just not making any sense.

I got out of bed, fixed my hair, put on my training shoes, and went for a jog, I had never run this hard before and I didn't even feel tired no matter how much I tried to increase my pace. I ran until I got to my most favorite place in the forest, it was nice and peaceful, not many people knew about this place, only William and I, and now I come here on my own every once in a while when I need to clear my head, put things into perspective and just gather all my thoughts.

Oh, William, I missed him so much, I wish I could look over my left shoulder and find him sitting next to me while we enjoy the sun rays dancing on our faces, but with the way things are going, that thought is more impossible than it would have been a few weeks ago.

I sat there all day, blocking out this new reality that had to face, the weird dreams, the voices, my past, and everything. I just laid on my back watching the tree branches play, parting to reveal the clear sky from time to time, I emptied my mind and lay there as, Scarlett, not the Luna not the crazy forever grumpy axe lady, just Scarlett.

Brandon's POV

Had she gotten cold feet??

I spent all day looking for Scarlett but she was nowhere to be found, neither was she at her apartment nor was she at the theatre. I tried all the places she used to mention when we walked together when I was the mysterious creature and she was the human, but there was no sign of her in any of those places.

It didn't help much that the folks around here did not exactly know her because of how anti-social she was.

How could she bail on me like this? What am I supposed to say to the guys? they were all so excited to meet their luna, Megan more than anyone, she is going to pester me so much when she sees me get home without Scarlett.

I felt my chest burn from what I guess was disappointment. Was I moving too fast? Did I scare her off? God I hope I didn't scare her off, I only just found her and we all need her.

I sat on her porch all day waiting for her to return to her place but she didn't come until it was 10 pm. I was asleep when I heard her footsteps approaching.

"Brandon???" she asked surprised.

I got up, adjusting my eyes as well as stretching my poor back, I didn't know how to react upon seeing her, should I hug her and squeeze her and tell her how glad I am that she is okay, or should I sulk and be mad at the fact that she bailed on me, I didn't know what to do, I stood there staring at her, waiting to get a reaction from her.

"How long have you been here?" she asked in a low tone, and I couldn't bring myself to utter a word so I stared at her in silence.

"Come let's go inside, you look exhausted."

"That's it?? we're just gonna go inside and that's that? " I asked my voice coming out a little louder than I expected. I pinched the bridge of my nose and pushed my hair out of my face, making up my mind that maybe I should just leave before this conversation turned into some kind of an argument.

"I, I don't know what you want me to say, Brandon."

"Hows about I've been here since 10 am? Hows about I've been walking all over town like a lunatic in search of you? Hows about I thought you didn't want to be with me anymore, you changed your mind because everything sounds so crazy and it can't be real right?"

"Yes!" she exploded.

"It's crazy, it's all crazy, you can't seriously expect me to wake up one day and accept the reality that I am not who I thought I was, all of a sudden I am not human, I am a werewolf, and not just any werewolf, a fricking Luna, I'm a bloody Luna and there are people bowing at my presence, I have a fucking voice in my head that has a name of its own and a fricking heart in my hand!!!!" She exploded and I saw her eyes turn a light shade of blue reflecting light from them. she held them both in shock and screamed tugging at her hair.

I rushed to give her a tight hug until she calmed down.

"What's going on Brandon?" She cried on my shoulder.

I cooed her and gestured we go inside her place, we had been standing outside the whole time.

I guided her to her couch.

"I'm sorry I had an outburst like that, it's just, just"

"Too much?"

She nodded.

"well it will only get easier if you accept it and take things one day at a time"

"I'm not a weakling who runs away from her problems Brandon. It's just when you said you wanted me to meet your family, different thoughts flooded my mind and.."

"Okay I understand how serious that sounds and how nervous it might have made you, but it's not that big of a deal, in fact meeting my family might just help you understand everything a little bit better. it's not like you're meeting my mom and dad and whatever, you're just meeting my pack"