who am I

The night was terrible, I kept having nightmare after nightmare, hearing weird voices in my head, seeing faces I've never seen before.

It was a man and a woman they had a baby with them, they seemed to be running from something but they were trapped and helpless, the man looked scared and tired, like he had been fighting for a very long time, and the woman just held on tightly to the infant in her arms trying t coo its cries, while also repeatedly crying "moon goddess save my baby"

A dark shadow loomed over them, rays of red reflecting from it. Panic reflected on their faces, the man readied himself to put up another fight, it was clear how exhausted he was and it was also very clear how much he wanted to protect his family, out of nowhere the baby did something, leaving everyone in awe. The man and woman could not comprehend what just happened, they understood what it meant but they couldn't believe it, looking at their baby, it just kept giggling peacefully, almost as if it was laughing at the parents' reaction. The whole place was filled with a bright bubbly light in the form of a dome, shielding the man and the woman from the dark looming shadow for a moment then it went dark again It was like there had been a nuclear explosion, except this was the good kind of explosion, the shadow completely disappeared and the night was normal again.

"She is the one John, She is the one" the lady said.

"Which means she??"

" It can't be, she is my only baby"

"Calm down my love, things are happening as the moon goddess wishes, we are but mere servants."

" But this means that we are going to have to give them to her."

"Don't worry my love she is strong enough, you just saw her she will be okay, we shall give them to her she will take over when the time is right, Now we need to get her out of this world" the man said and everything started to become a blurr, and that voice I heard earlier started whispering inside my head once again replaying all the things she said.

I woke up gasping loudly, my face wet with perspiration, I looked at the time and it was two AM, I drank a glass of water to calm myself while also trying to even my breathing, everything felt so confusing, at this point my life felt like one of those complicated dreams where you just don't get what's going on except, this dream felt so real, it felt like I was a part of it, like I was there when everything happened and this voice in my head was beginning to sound creepy.

Was I losing my mind? is this the part where I discover that I have multiple personalities and now I'm hearing voices??

" fuck this" I said putting on my black hoodie, grey sweatpants and my crocs, I grabbed my jacket, walked out of the apartment and disappeared into the dark.

I walked a few blocks till I got to my destination, it was a weird isolated house which looked almost run down. The red lights were still on so I knew the owner was up. I did not believe in this kind of ish, never had I imagined myself taking this route, let alone at this time but I needed answers and it was the only option I had.

I looked at the gate taking in a deep breath of the cold air, written in bold there it was

GYPSY

"Okay!! let's do this shit," I whispered to myself before I went through the gate over to the door. I raised my hand to knock, but the door was immediately opened for me.

"Ahhh what took you so long." The old lady spoke softly. "Come in Scarlett, don't just stand there."

"How'd...."

"I know everybody dear, now what is the problem, come sit beautiful Scarlett," she invited me into a weird looking room full of weird looking accessories, creepy voodoo dolls, bottles containing different colored powders which were probably potions, some books. the only thing I was expecting to see was not there, she didn't have those glass balls they look into.