37 🐈 Catra

The following morning, I awoke to find that I was still tangled up with Adora. She grumbled, as she woke up and then glanced towards me, which caused a faint pink blush to appear on her cheeks. 

"Dream of me?" I teased. 

"Wouldn't you like to know?" Adora asked, as her eyes glanced towards the birthmarks on my arm for a moment. I simply rubbed them a little self-consciously, as I adjusted the black cloak that I had been wearing to hide them. Adora's eyes flickered with sympathy momentarily, before she spoke again. "You ready to continue on?" she asked me. 

I rolled my eyes. 

"I'm not scared of some stupid robot. We can do this. We will do this," I stated decisively. 

Adora's eyes shone with admiration, then. 

"Catra, you're always so brave," she told me. 

"Yeah well..." I began to say quietly, as to not disturb the others. It was great to see that they had slept a lot more peacefully than I had. I had been awake most of the night worried out of my mind about what was going to happen to Adora. Of course, Adora would never know about that. I had made up my mind to be mad at her for leaving me and I intended to stick true to that, even now. 

"Yeah well...someone has to look out for you. It may as well be me," I said decisively. 

Adora nudged me slightly, then. 

"Hey, I look out for you too, remember?" Adora reminded me, then, which made me smile. 

I simply nodded in agreement. It was probably one of the first times that Adora and I had agreed on something in a long time. 

"Now, we better get going. I think there's some fruit nearby that we can eat for breakfast but then we really do need to find this guy...er, bot," Adora said. 

I had always admired the fact that she remained so focused on her goals, no matter what. Of course, I would never admit such a thing to her face but from time to time I had to say, Adora inspired me. 

I murmured in agreement and after we had found some fruit in the forest nearby, it was time to wake up the others. It was safe to say that our group was honestly getting ridiculously large now, thanks to the addition of Double Trouble, Swift Wind and a robot. It soon came time to set off again. 

As we began to walk onwards, Glimmer began to speak. 

"Maybe Silver is plotting to take over all of Etheria and is making a robot army as we speak! We have to hurry," Glimmer said. 

I scoffed. 

She just turned to me and frowned. 

"Sorry, Sparkles...I do have to admit, though, you have quite the imagination," I said. 

Bow's eyes flickered with warmth. 

"We can do this, Glimmer! No robot take over is going to happen with us around!" he assured her, as his hand settled on his bow and arrow for a second. He then wrapped a free arm around Glimmer's shoulders. 

Glimmer's eyes closed as she smiled and seemed a little soothed, for the first time in a little while. She tended to get slightly frazzled when she was concerned about something. 

"Look people, we are just going to have to get creative here. Glimmer...do you still have that drawing, you did way back when, of what the robots look like?" Mermista asked her. 

Glimmer's eyes brightened slightly, then. 

"I'm on it!" she said with some excitement, as she took the piece of paper out of her pocket and passed it to Mermista. 

Mermista's eyes scanned over it for a moment and she then smiled. 

"Damn, Queen Glimmer...you're actually a pretty impressive artist," Mermista commented. 

"I try my best," Glimmer said. 

As Mermista looked over Glimmer's artwork, though, I spotted metal moving through the trees. 

Double Trouble appeared at my shoulder, taking me by surprise. 

"Think fast, Kitten...And the rest of you. We sort of don't want any of you becoming mind-controlled by these robots. I shudder to think what would happen then. It's honestly far too horrible to even think about, darlings," they said. 

I just rolled my eyes. Trust Double Trouble to try to frighten the others.

Scorpia just came to stand beside me then and gave me a slight nudge. 

"Hey, we've got this," she told me. 

I simply smiled at her with appreciation, as my eyes glanced over her shoulder, I noticed there was a tattoo of a scorpion there that I hadn't really paid much attention to before. 

"Have you always had that?" I asked her. 

Scorpia glanced towards the place my eyes were trained on and her lips settled in a small smile. 

"Oh, this? Yeah. I've always had this!" she said cheerfully. 

"I've just never noticed that before," I muttered. 

I had caught Adora looking towards the two of us then with a flicker of something in her eyes, but I was honestly not sure what it was. 

I merely shrugged. 

"Oh, well it suits you," I added, as Scorpia grinned and then gathered me into one of her famous Scorpia hugs. 

"Thanks, Catra!" she said. 

"You're welcome," I chuckled, "Now, Scorpia, do you think you could put me back down on the ground? We sort of need to keep moving here," I added. 

Scorpia laughed then a little nervously and her cheeks turned to a shade of pink. 

"Right, right! Sorry! Let's keep moving," she said. 

"Let's keep going. Take out these bots and then go home. I'm exhausted," I stated. 

Entrapta shrieked then, as if what I had just said had been the most horrific thing that her ears had ever allowed her to hear. 

"We've got to keep an open mind! We can't just kill my bots, I...they're mine. I don't want you hurting them," Entrapta said. 

While she rambled anxiously, a few robots began to move in on us, with blood red eyes. We were in trouble. 

Entrapta gulped. 

"I can turn them back! I know I can-" she said and as she said such a thing, a bot raised an arm up to try to knock Entrapta out.