32 🐈 Catra

Once we reached the palace entrance, Scorpia grinned. 

Emily soon beeped nearby, which caused Scorpia to turn to me with an expression of intrigue. 

I felt myself frown at first but soon crouched down so I could address Emily 2.0. 

"Okay, Emily, you can come with us," I said. 

Emily beeped happily and we were all ready to leave the palace! That was of course up until Adora came rushing down the hall towards us. 

"Catra!" she exclaimed. 

I simply pulled my black cloak's hood over my head in an attempt to drown out the noise but Adora quickly yanked it down. 

"You were just going to leave?" she asked me, as her eyes became full of concern. 

"Like you did? Yeah, I was, actually," I said nonchalantly. 

Adora's eyebrows creased together, then. 

"Well...where are you going?" she asked me. 

It was kind of hard to not derive some satisfaction out of how worried she seemed to be about me, but I felt my expression soften. 

"Listen, I'll be back soon. I just have something to take care of," I said. 

"I'm coming too," Adora said, with an expression of determination. I had a feeling it was going to be slightly difficult to sway her on this one. If there was anyone equally as stubborn as I was, then it was Adora. 

"Actually, I insist you stay here Adora. This is a very risky mission and I'll need someone back here to keep the palace safe in case..." Entrapta trailed off then, not wanting to reveal too much information, it seemed. 

"In case of what?" Adora asked, as she raised an eyebrow at Entrapta. 

Scorpia merely shrugged. 

I folded my arms across my chest and watched the two of them with gentle amusement. It would be so great to have some popcorn right now. I wondered if Emily 2.0 could make us any. 

"Would you look at the time?! We have to go. Must run, cheerio, Adora!" Entrapta yelled, as she grabbed a hold of Scorpia and me and yanked us out of the palace after her. 

Emily soon rolled out of the doorway and beeped in discontent. 

"Sorry, Emily. I almost forgot about you!" Entrapta said, as her eyes widened slightly in her panic. 

"I can't believe I'm saying this but...I feel sort of bad about leaving Adora in the dark like that," I said. 

"You're so complex," Entrapta said in a whisper-voice. 

I just turned to her and frowned. 

"Well, I mean...it's true! Do you like Adora? Do you not like Adora? I've been analysing your relationship for a while now and it seems as though it's a little bit of both! Isn't love just fascinating, Scorpia?" Entrapta asked her. 

"Oh yeah, totally," Scorpia said, as her cheeks became a little pinker. The pinkest that I had ever saw them, actually. It was so weird seeing Scorpia blush. She looked so tough on the surface but deep down she was a total softie. A scorpion that was a lot less threatening than they appeared at first glance. 

"It's kind of like the way you are with Perfuma! Just less complicated. I mean, we all know you like her-" Entrapta began to say, as we walked on into the Whispering Woods again. 

"Hold on a second. Who said anything about that-" Scorpia and I began to ask in unison. 

Entrapta raised an eyebrow at us, then. 

"Did you two really not realise it? Damn. It seems as though I'm ahead on something for once in my life!" she said with excitement. 

I just rolled my eyes at her but couldn't help smiling in amusement right after. 

We chose to ignore Entrapta's ramblings, as we continued on through the woods and on and on until we reached the beach again. No sign of the robots, though, unfortunately, but the sound of the ocean swishing forwards and backwards was comforting, so Entrapta, Scorpia and I chose to sit upon the sand for a little while, as we stared out at the sea. 

"You know...I am so glad that we chose to do this mission together. I uh- I really did miss you guys," Scorpia said. 

"I know you guys love me, you don't have to say it," I said, with a wink. 

Entrapta just chuckled. 

"It really is good to have you back, Catra," she told me. 

"Surprisingly...it's good to be back," I said. 

"Well now, isn't this just the most adorable scene?" a familiar voice asked then, as we heard footsteps approaching us. 

I would know that voice from anywhere. 

I looked up then, ready to see the figure before me. 

"Double Trouble?" I asked. 

"Hello, Kitten," they replied, as a small smile played at their lips, "I heard from a birdy that heard from a birdy that you've been having some...difficulties, of late. I would be happy to help you out, for a fee, of course," they added. 

"You heard from a birdy?" I asked, as I felt considerably incredulous. 

"Have you been spying on us?" Entrapta demanded, as she pointed a finger at Double Trouble. 

"Well now, let's not go pointing fingers!" they said. 

We all just stared at them in disbelief. 

"Ha! Get it, pointing fingers, because she literally- alright, alright, fine. I'll help you, free of charge..." Double Trouble said. 

"Really?" Scorpia asked in amazement. 

I had to admit, I was there with her. 

"Let's just say that business has been rather...bad, recently. It's honestly terrible darlings, but the show must gone! And we must go, too! We have a robot to stop here, do we not? Now, chop, chop," Double Trouble said, as they began to rush away from the beach. 

Our trio sighed in partial frustration as we swiftly followed behind them and soon made our way through the Whispering Woods to arrive in a meadow nearby, which was where we found another familiar face, or rather, horse. 

"Catra! Entrapta! Scorpia! Whoever you are!" Swift Wind exclaimed in his excitement. 

"Whoever you are? I'll have you know-" Double Trouble began to say. 

"Where's Adora slash She-ra?" Swift Wind asked. 

I didn't say a word. 

"Oh no...don't tell me that you two are having problems again," Swift Wind said. 

"I know right! They're always like this, huh?" Double Trouble asked. 

I just narrowed my eyes at the pair of them. 

"Whatever. We have a mission to complete here. We'll get back to She-ra soon enough, Swifty but for now...do you think you could help us out?" I asked him. 

"I would be happy to! Swift Wind's anyone's noble steed!" Swift Wind said. 

"Then let's go," I said, as I felt the determination creep into my voice. 

After that, it was time to get going. We had a robot to stop.