8 🐈 Catra

That evening, as I sat out on the balcony of Sparkles' palace and gazed out at the deep blue sky, I took a deep breath. Suffice to say, the past few days had been fairly stressful. I didn't like fighting with Adora but... I supposed I always found a way to cause a disagreement. It wasn't as though I was the only one behind it though! Adora had left me behind again when she had previously promised that she would never do that. It was sort of hard to not take offense. That being said, she was my girlfriend and I still adored her. Usually.

After I had almost lost Adora in the battle with Horde Prime, I couldn't imagine doing anything other than making sure that she was okay. Why couldn't she understand that? It really had hurt me to watch her walk off with Bow. I knew that the two of them were friends but I felt annoyed that she had chose to hang out with him instead of me. I felt my confidence dip a little but I tried to brush away the feeling. Adora had her friends and I had mine. Although, I wasn't all too sure where one of them was. I hadn't seen Entrapta and  her purple-haired self in a long old time. I couldn't help but feel slightly worried about her. Adora had made me go soft, I swear.

I would find Entrapta soon but for now, I needed to figure out what was bothering Adora. I would have usually just headed into the forest and tried to search for something but Adora hadn't exactly given me a clue as to what we were looking for. All I could tell, though, was that Adora was worried about something and if something bothered her, then it bothered me too.

I watched as the silver stars twinkled in the sky above and wondered why I had to be left out of people's plans. Even if Adora hadn't intended to make me feel as though I was being left behind, it always felt like that the moment she decided that she wanted to go somewhere without me. Ugh. Maybe I was being clingy.

That didn't matter, though. I was going to figure out what was going on and then maybe Adora and the others would be so impressed with my efforts that I might be able to get a royal promotion from Sparkles. Of course, I doubted that but I was hopeful. A gentle breeze passed by, which helped to distract my mind from my thoughts. I decided to look out into the forest to see if I could spot anything but I didn't have much luck. What could be responsible for a random metallic clanging noise? The only person who came to mind was the one person that I couldn't talk to about any of this because she was currently missing! Seriously, the moment I found out wherever Entrapta had got to, I was going to be having some serious words with her.

It didn't matter whether Adora had told me to stay at the castle. I wasn't going to let this matter be overlooked. I knew enough about the Horde and Horde Prime to know that matters were never as they seemed. It wouldn't surprise me if we hadn't got rid of the last of our threats.

I swallowed nervously and adjusted uncomfortably in my seat.

Eventually, I felt someone join me as some of the warmth from the inside of the palace swept over me.

Adora made her way over to me with a blanket and wrapped up next to me.

"Catra, what are you doing out here all by yourself?" she asked me.

"Thinking. I'm thinking that we can't just let this go," I said.

Adora paused for a moment as her eyes flashed with recognition for what I was talking about.

"I get that, Catra, but it was probably nothing. You're just paranoid," she told me.

I gave a dry laugh, then.

"What? And you're not?" I asked her, as I folded my arms in front of my chest.

Adora sighed, as she gave a gentle shake of her head.

"Catra..." she said.

"No, Adora, I'm meant to start being more honest with you and I do not want you to do this all by yourself again. That makes me uncomfortae. Besides, I'm curious about ll of this, too. What with the weird sound and the fact that Entrapta has disappeared entirely... " I said.

Adora's eyes widened slightly then. Bingo.

"You're right. I haven't seen Entrapta in a long time. I figured that she was just working in her lab," Adora told me.

I felt my eyebrows crease together slightly then. I wasn't the only one that looked concerned, though.

Adora suggested that the two of us made our way down to Entrapta's lab to check on her.

Once we got there, we began to navigate over piles of scrap metals and general trash. How did Entrapta have so much of this stuff? More to the point, where did she even get it from?

Adora sighed as she stepped over some of the metal, and then offered a hand out to me to take it. I took her hand and quickly stepped over some of it.

"Well... It's safe to say that Entrapta doesn't seem to be here," Adora said.

"You're just not trying hard enough," I said.

Adora glanced to the ground.

"Entrapta!" I called out but there was no response, just the sound of my voice echoing against the metal.

I glanced towards Adora then and she sighed.

"Wait," she paused, as she looked towards a big scrap of metal, which I soon realised wasn't a scrap of metal at all but rather a giant...

"Is that a robot?" I asked.

Adora nodded.

She then pressed one of the red buttons on it and the huge robot figure came to life. Its red eyes looked towards Adora.

"Uh... Hi," Adora began to say. I just watched her with complete curiosity.