Chapter twenty eight:

~Jeremy's point of view~

I knew she was here and as I laid in my bed at the break of dawn I could sense her arising from sleep and jumping in her shower, the feel of rushing warm water pouring down on me flushed over me, the smell of citrus conditioner and shampoo as well as fruity body wash and then a blade shaving her legs and under her arms, I couldn't physically see her but I could sense her actions in the day, what she did, who she saw, etc.

I longed to find my mate, I always had. All a werewolf ever wants is to find that special someone, the one their meant to be with, the one who's made for them. But when I lost my first mate I was sure I could never love again, thankfully if you lose your mate your given another but only one more and this time I was determined not to lose her, she was just within my grasps and I would not under any circumstances lose her.

I slipped on a pair of jeans, a plain black t-shirt and a red plaid shirt over that, slipping on my converse I ran a hand through my hair before brushing my teeth and texting Serenity: ready to start searching?

I grabbed a hoodie from my closet and shut my door behind me as I left my bedroom. I walked to the lounge where me and Serenity were supposed to meet. All the while my wolf's condescending tone reminded me constantly of my mates' present. I tuned out of him once more and his voice became nothing more than a whistle in the wind. Silent. Peaceful. Just how I liked it.

I shut my eyes for just a moment, or what seemed like a moment to me but when I opened them again I saw Serenity's smiling face looking down at me, she wore a blue cotton dress that fell to her knees, slip on blue shoes with bows on and a black cardigan. A blue bow stood out against her midnight black hair and around her neck was clasped the same necklace as the previous day.

"Hey sleepy head. You know I told you we could start searching after dinner we really didn't have to after breakfast" I stifled a yawn. "I didn't eat breakfast" she bit her lip "Jeremy, it's four o'clock in the afternoon" I gaped at her in shock. "W-what?" she giggled. "You slept half the day..." I chuckled. "Oops" she smiled. "Well why don't we grab you something to eat and then we can search anyway" I nodded and we entered the kitchen.

"What are you hungry for?" she asked, peering at me, from the cupboards. I felt my stomach growl. "Apparently everything" a smile tugged at his lips. "That's not an option" I grinned like a mad man. "Well then if you don't mind I'll just have a cup of coffee and a sandwhich" she smiled. "That I am capable of doing" she boiled the kettle and grabbed the butter and bread. She spread the butter over the bread and asked me what I wanted on it. "Hm... ham and salad?" she gave me a curt nod and made the sandwhich. Handing it me on a plate and then leaving me to eat it while she tended to our brew's.

She put the coffee in the cups and asked me if I wanted any sugar. I declined and she shrugged it off adding one to her own and then pouring the boiling water and milk into two mugs. She handed me mine and took my plate from me, placing it in the sink and washing it quickly. We finished our brews before heading to Bennett's office and asking him to leave, he gave me a quaint nod, not bothering to ask questions he signed a few more pages of work before putting them in his 'finished' pile and leaving.

I sat on a couch and Serenity perched nearby. "So where do we start?" she asked, looking at the floor and anywhere but me. "Well we could watch the security camera's so I can figure out her proximity to me" she laughed. "Okay we'll start with the camera's then" we grabbed out the laptop. Quickly logging in I accessed the camera's without hassle and we filed through them with ease. "Well either she's in a room with no camera's like the bedrooms, bathrooms, the woods and the office or she's left the house for the day" I nodded my agreement and she smiled shyly. "I have an idea..."

My eye brow quirked. "Huh?" she smirked. "Well I was just thinking since we can't access those places with our camera's then why don't we just pull the fire alarms, with alpha's permission of course and then everyone but us will be forced to leave the building, clearly assuming it to be a real fire and when she is outside the house you will know" my eyes went wide as I stared at her "Serenity, your a guiness, I could kiss you" she chuckled and blushed. "Thanks but it's just common knowledge for wolves' looking for their mates" I laughed. "Is that what you did?" a pained look crossed her face. "I haven't found mine...I'm...I'm still looking" all of my humor washed up. "Really? I'm sorry. I didn't mean to assume." she rolled her eyes. "It's fine" I sighed. "No Serenity, it's not and don't take any less than an apology, okay?" she nodded her agreement. "Okay, well let's get this show on a road or you'll be mateless forever" I snorted. "Not likely" we ventured to alpha's room, politely knocking before entering and he called us in. We told him our ideas and he agreed. He said he'd help clear everyone out and began to get ready to leave.