Chapter fifteen:

~Rosemarie's point of view~

There are only three things that can kill a vampire of my age: decapitation, burning and drinking the blood of a dead man. Decapitation is only efficent if you keep the body far, far away from the body or after a period of time the vampire will become alive once more. Burning means our souls can finally go to rest, it sets us free, usually. And finally you have the blood of a dead man, it is a common belief that this ends us because dead blood is impure and no longer holds the warmth of life needed to continue vampire's existences.

When I came out of that fire alive I was relieved, it was as though god were giving me a second chance. A chance to make things right, to pay back for all the blood I'd spilt. The lives I'd ruined. The lives I'd destroyed. This was my chance to make things right. And that's exactly what I intended to do. I couldn't mess things up this time.

I woke up in the lounge again, coffee and bagels waited for me, steam rising from them. I exhaled deeply, letting the rich aroma fill my nostrils to the point where I was licking my lips. I polished off my first bagel in under a minute before sipping my coffee and sitting up properly. I wore my blouse and skirt from yesterday and my hair was loose. I brushed some loose strands out of my eyes. Bennett was in the kitchen I got up and sneakily creeped by his side. The refridgerator door seperated us. He shut it and nearly spilled the milk when he nearly walked into me. He jumped back in surprise and surpressed the urge to scream - instead he yelped.

"Jesus christ Rosemarie, what did you do? Tip-toe your way over here?" I smirked, clearly catching him off guard. "No, I took my heels off" his eyes went down to my bare feet. "Oh." he managed to say that matter of factly. As always.

"So where are the pack?" he sighed. "A lone rogue was spotted at the edge of our territory, they went to hunt it, even Dimitri did" I smiled "I'm glad he's helping" he looked at me, piercing my gaze with his own "I am too. He's changed since our wedding, for the better I think" I nodded. "Yeah I've known him my whole unnaturally long life and he's never been this... sensitive. Like towards anyone." he chuckled and brushed his fringe from his eyes, "To you maybe?" I gave him a small, weak smile. "Yeah but I mean to everyone else" he gave me a curt nod. "Well he's seems like the fighting god everyone makes him seen and you've shared a bed with him so he must be a good guy." I laughed "If you made a list of who I'd slept with you'd make a word document cry. Don't assume everyone I've slept with is nice, I'm three thousand and eighteen, some are bound to be bad" he shrugged that off. "Well he's good to you so he must be good" I nodded and ate my third bagel. "Well take it from "someone's who has been around a really long time 'don't judge a book by it's cover" he smiled "Well I'm gonna go fill some paperwork out" he grabbed his coffee and retreated to his office.

I sighed and went upstairs the feeling of bordem creeping over me. That's when I bumped into Jeremy, he dropped his coffee down me... again. "Jeremy! Are you set on destroying all of my clothing?! It's a good thing my dress came out clean or you'd be recieving the bill for a new one!" he flinched. "Sorry Luna. Here let me wash your clothes for you" I glared at him. "What do you want me to do, strip down right here?" he mumbled something that sounded vaguely like the word 'maybe' before saying "Go change into your pyjamas or whatever and I'll wash them" I gave him a curt nod. "Very well. Wait outside my room and I'll give you my clothes once I'm changed" I nodded my head for him to follow me and he did.

I walked into the room, slamming the door after me. I threw the doors of my wardrobe open. Grabbing a pair of jeans and a black veil brides t-shirt I slid into them easily. Putting my criminal damage hoodie on I shoved on my converse and picked up my blouse and skirt. Walking right back out the room I threw my clothes at Jeremy.

His werewolf instinct kicked in and he caught them automatically. "I really am sorry Rose. I didn't mean to do it the first nor the second time" I rolled my eyes "Spare me your apologies. I know your sorry. Now clean my clothes before the coffee stains" he gave me a nod and said "bye" before rushing to put my clothes in the washing machine.