Chapter fourteen:

~Rosemarie's point of view~

Bennett came in, his eyes surveying the clutter covering our rug. He raised an eye brow before shrugging his shoulders in a 'I'm not sure I want to ask' kind of way. I smirked and began to pack away the history I'd clung to for so long. Once I'd finish putting it away I got up and picked up any remenants of my mess. "What was all that?" he asked, finally deciding to ponder my odd ways. "My life in four boxes" he looked at the boxes and then back at me. "Small life, huh?" I shook my head "No, quite the opposite, it's all very tightly packed in. There's more it's just all in the attic." he nodded. "Well it better not take up our alone time, the pack just left, they'll be gone about three hours" I rolled my eyes "I'd prefer three days" his grin faded "I'm not sure even Dimitri could keep that up for three days" I gave his arm a light, well mannered punch "He could and has... for a week" he gave me an astonished look "Bet you were exauhsted" he joked "Um... no I um... I don't have to sleep, I can but I don't have to" he shrugged it off "I know I would be" I laughed "That's because we both know you'd be taking a nap after day one" he glared at me "And you could go any longer than a week?" I wiggled my eye brows "I could go a year and still not be tired" he scowled. "I'll agree with that when I see it" I laughed "You my darling mate never will" he pouted "I suppose not..." I smiled and took of my heels. Putting them in the bottom of my wardrobe I grabbed a pair of slippers and put them on my dainty size four feet.

I shrugged our conversation off, it wasn't like we were even serious about any of that stuff so why should I think about it? I sat down in a nearby chair and grabbed a book I'd been reading, Bennett stood there staring at me. "Maybe you didn't hear me when I said 'we're alone now'" I looked up at him, he was looking down at me expectantly. "Oh right." he threw his hands up in exasperation. "Give me that!" he snatched my book from me and put it on a shelf that I could've reached had my arms not been pinned by Bennett "Stop struggling Rosemarie!" I wiggled in his hold but he wouldn't budge. I finally stopped, feeling defeated and went still in his arms. "Thank you, now come on, they won't be gone forever" we shared a mischevious smile before he released me. Only to grab my up bridal style and run to the bed. He threw me down on there without a care in the world, he diposited his shirt to reveal a magazine worthy chest. He caught me staring and grinned. "See something you like?" he asked. It was a repeat of the discussion we'd had after our honeymoon back at the old pack house. "Yeah I like it...I um... I like it a lot" I managed to finally stutter. He chuckled and fell on the bed beside me, he pulled me closer to him and planted kisses down my neck and back to my lips. It was a terrible reminder of what Dimitri had done before biting me to turn me.

I wouldn't pull away. That would only annoy Bennett. I stayed perfectly still and waited for his rain of kisses to pass.

**************************************

~Later on~ Rosemarie's point of view~

"Shh, I can hear them coming, haha, quick get dressed!" I threw his shirt at him. He pouted, clearly not wanting to leave the bed. "Bennett get up!" I zipped up my skirt and slipped my feet in a pair of heels, before buttoning up my blouse and tucking it into my skirt. The pack were minutes away from being home, I could smell them approaching. He stumbled into his jeans and failed at buttoning his shirt, I re-buttoned it for him and then went to the dressing table to do my hair and make-up. I powdered my cheeks, ran a smooth pink gloss along my lips, applied eye liner and mascara before rubbing a shadow on my eyes. Perfect, except my hair was still a mess. I ran a brush hastily through it before putting it in a braid down my shoulder. Done. I looked over at Bennett, he was done too.

I went to the back door and opened it. Fresh air piled into the house. I exhaled deeply. The pack came bustling in offering me smiles and polite hello's as they passed. They looked exauhsted all though they all appeared to be happy. The run I assumed must have been good.

Once everyone was in I shut the door and lead them into the dining room where I had put food and drink out for them after they had left. They ate greedily, slurped drinks nosily and chewed with their mouths open, two months ago I'd been disgusted by this and had felt vile rising in my throat at the sight, now I had the common sense to leave the room before things got messy. I left before I could even see them eating like the animals they were.

I went upstairs and brushed my hair again, the braid had slowly became loose. I nearly jumped a mile when I caught sight of Dimitri in the corner of my eye. "Jesus christ! Have you ever heard of knocking?!" he smirked a devil may care smile. "I have but to be fair you were in your own little world, I'd hate to pull you away from it so soon" I gave him a mocking smile and tied my braid tightly. "What do you want?" he gave me a look of pure shock. "Am I not allowed to check on you?" I glared at him, sending draggers into him with my eyes. "If you didn't scare me then maybe" he chuckled. "I'm sorry for scaring your sorry ass" I frowned. "My what? Did I just hear right? Did you just say 'I'm sorry for scaring your sorry ass'?! How the hell is it sorry?!" he bit his lip, refraining from the laughter that was bound to come. "Well it just seems I never got a thank you for saving 'your sorry ass' from that fire last week" any anger I had faded, that fire had nearly been the death of me. "Bennett got me out of the fire. You didn't save me at all!" I retorted. "No." he argued. "Bennett laid down beside you because he thought you were dead. When I arrived I heard your heart beat, I told him that and then we carried you out of the fire, when you woke up you saw me praying for your sorry excuse of a life!" I smiled. It was a feebale attempt at a smile but it was a smile none-the-less.

"Do you regret making me what I am that badly?" all traces of humor left his face. "I don't regret it at all. In fact I only wish I never let you go." he said, his face not showing any sign of a lie, his heart beat not increasing to show the tell tale signs of a lie. He was sincere. "Well people change, I've changed, I've moved on all, I want for you is to be happy, if you truly loved me, you'd let me go, find somone else, please. I beg of you Dimitri find someone who won't waste your time" he shook his head in disbelief and swallowed a lump in his throat "How can I let you go? After three thousand years it simply isn't possible..." I sighed "You'll manage" with that I got up and hugged him. "I'm sorry I've been such a disappointment to you. I'm sure you expected more from your first vampire child, I must be a very sorry excuse for one" his voice was cold when he spoke "Never." a playful smile curled at the edge of my lips "Didn't you tell me to never say never?"

**************************************

(A/N) Okay so I know this took a while to upload but between homework, revision, tests and school I've had a lot to deal with. From now on I'll be updating at least two times a week. More if I can. Weekends will be most likely to be update times for me. Hope you like. Please comment, vote and fan.

The song for this chapter is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtube_gdata_player&v=NSS3IHsw_5k

Decode by Paramore

Goodbye