Chapter ten:

~Rosemarie's point of view~

I think that after three thousand years of loving Dimitri and him loving me back I was torn that I was the one to break his heart, to tell him our love was over. Regardless I began to wonder whether saying that was such a bad thing, I loved Bennett, Dimitri couldn't change that but no matter what happened between me and my maker there would always be a place in my heart for him. He had been my first true love and in some ways he was kind of my last. But now was different, now I had Bennett and I was determined to make things perfect between us. When I woke up in our new pack house yesterday I'd believed it be hell, only now did I realise it was heaven. Bennett was gone - pack business and I was alone in our new room.

I walked over to my dresser, spotting a new necklace on there I picked it up. A stab of memories shot through me, it wasn't new, in fact it was rather old, it was the necklace Dimitri had bought me back in Everdeen County on our honey moon. I sighed wistfully and clasped the necklace round my bare neck. I walked down stairs and picked up the mail as I passed, the door walking into the kitchen I poured myself a mug of coffee and sat down at the marble table. Sipping my coffee I filed through the letters: bills, pack notices, etc, etc.

Leaving them on the counter I put my coffee mug down, pausing to think about yesterday's events. The war, the fire and then another memory came back to me: me and Bennett, in bed...together. Oh dear. I'd slept with a werewolf, jus brillant! Vampires got pregnant rather...easily. I ran upstairs and rooted around in the bathroom cupboards. Finally finding what I needed I went to the toilet before coming back out, the white plastic stick in my hand and sat down on the bed, throwing myself backwards I looked up at the white ceiling. I couldn't be pregnant, surely not... especially not to Bennett I mean was that even legal?!

I sighed, waiting for this thing to work was tedious. I tapped my foot, drummed my fingers and paced the room in the minutes I waited for the test to be done. When I returned to the test the results were... conclusive and certainly... discomforting, let's just say my life was now odd.

**************************************

(A/N) huge realisation on my part... I leave you guys on too many cliff hangers. You tell me whether Rose should be pregnant, I tried to leave it open-ended with my choice of words but you know.. whatever. Please fan, vote, comment and enjoy reading.

The song for this chapter is http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtube_gdata_player&v=K577rFteuz4

We are never ever getting back together by Taylor Swift.

Goodbye