Chapter twenty one:

~Rosemarie's point of view~

I slammed the door in his face and returned to the kitchen. Muttering obsentices under my breath. My mother raised an eye brow at me. She'd clearly heard. "Rosemarie! Language!" she chided. I sighed and picked up a blood bag. Moments ago I had revealed to my parents that I was pregnant.

There'd been a knock and I'd not been happy to see his face. Dimitri had been stood there, it was obvious Bennett had sent him to spy on me and I was not falling for that trap. "Sorry mother" I gingerley sipped my blood bag. My father entered the room. "Finally I'll have granchildren" I scowled at him. "You already did!" he frowned at me "Three thousand years ago!" I felt a tear escape the corner of my eye. "Okay I can't take this any longer! I've been here an hour and already your treating me like a child! You know I didn't leave me mate to be tortured by my parents! I'm leaving." I threw the remenants of my blood bag in the bin and ran to my room.

I re-packed the things I'd only un-packed minutes ago and dragged the bags downstairs. "Bye!" I called. I took my bags to my car and climbed in with them. Putting them on the back seat and turning back to the driver's seat. Failing to notice who'd been in the car all along. "Jesus Christ Dimitri!" he chuckled. "Didn't mean to give you a heart attack princess" I punched him in the arm. "Nice job jerk" he grinned. "I'm sorry" I kept my eyes on the road. "Well your forgiven but don't do that again." he smiled. "I won't" he promised.

After ten minutes on the road I had the realisation that I had nowhere to go. "Okay genius so where are we going?" I asked Dimitri. His composure failed as he realised the same. "Damn it!" he cursed. He thought about it for a moment and then a wide smile crossed his face "Take a turn onto this road" he said, pointing. I took it and gave him a questioning glance. He smiled at me and for the next few hours I followed his directions until I realised where we were.

Everdeen county. I followed more directions until I came to a stop. "Where are we?" I asked. He got out of the car "Home" he stated. "Your home?" I asked, puzzled. I hadn't been in Everdeen county since my honey moon and even then I hadn't visited in ten years before that. This place had modernized a lot. "Our home" I suppressed the urge to gasp in shock. "I haven't been here since two thousand and two!" I exclaimed. He gave me a modest smile (not something Dimitri was like very often, modest that is). "Yeah... I know. I was living here quite a bit before your wedding day" I looked at him, shocked. "Really?" he grinned. "Yeah. I couldn't bare to let this place go to ruble. The best years of my life were spent here" I knew he was talking about me I felt my cheeks reddening and my heart racing. He still cared, even when I denied loving him several times now. I sighed. "Yeah" I admitted "my life has offically been boring since I moved out of here, well until met Bennett." he smiled and opened the door with his key. Passing me a spare as we entered. He clapped his hands together twice and the room became alight. It was exactly how I remembered it.

I stared at the littlest of things wistfully. My home. So familiar and yet so modern now. Not much had changed. Nor had I, in age or maturity. Of course I was more articulate and emotional now but otherwise I was the same.

Dimitri shut the door behind himself after carrying all of my bags in. "So um... what would you like to 'eat'?" I grinned, seeing his double meaning. "Got any A Positive?" I asked. He smiled and walked over to the mini fridge in the living room. He took two bags from it and threw one to me. My reflexes took over and it appeared in my hand. Smiling I opened it and sipped it's luscious liquids.

~Later that day~at night~still Rosemarie's point of view~

"So I guess we're back to square one" he said matter of factly as we sat in the living room that night. I looked up from my book, I'd been attempting to catch up with human lore on my kind, it hadn't improved in a decade, not at all. "Yeah I guess so" I said, remembering his train of thought. "How did we go from standing in a hall of fame, high at the peak of royalty ten years ago and now your married to a werewolf, you live with a pack of mutts, your pregnant to an alpha and I am single - again!" I smiled. "Tragic huh?" he chuckled lightly. "Yeah, it is" he sighed and put his face in his hands.