Chapter three:

~Rosemarie's point of view~

I could hear footsteps approaching, I straightened my back and raised my head, I was to proud to show any type of fear. Although that's exactly what emotion this wedding brought out inside of me. Just the thought of marrying one of those dogs was enough to make any vampire cringe. Back in my human days I would've probably not known the difference if I had, seeing through the naive and foggy eyes of an adolescent teenage girl had been quite some time for me and I had struggled greatly with my emotions. Now it was just the case of nerves and nostalgia.

My thoughts became rants on how wrong this wedding could go. It was hard to ignore my own looming thoughts because with every second that ticked by my fate that was waiting to come was presented before me on a silver platter in the form of a five course dinner. Although I no longer was required to eat I felt the sudden urge to quench my hunger, but that could just be me craving blood. I didn't know. I heard a knock on the door. That's what snapped me out of my depressing thoughts. I composed myself before answering the door and seeing Ms Gonzalez from the previous day. I gave her a welcoming smile as she gestured me to followe her. "Ms Martin may I just say how beautiful you look, I swear there ain't a man on this god damn earth that wouldn't be lucky to have you" I blushed, it was surprise to me that I still could, considering I was supposedly... well... 'dead'. "Thank you ma'am, your not looking too bad yourself" she chuckled. "Thank you ms, just go in this room and wait, the priest will be with you in just a minute" we'd came to a halt and now stood before the actual alter of the church. I walked into the empty room and sat down in a pew. The aisle was covered in crimson red carpets, the drapes were of a rich indigo colour, the wooden structure of the room a sleek black colour that matched the pews, the flowers resting in pots around the room pink and the walls a cream colour.

I shut my eyes and attempted to calm myself from this nervous state. The doors opened once more and my eyes flew open. In came the priest. He wasn't a human one, but he wasn't a supernatural one either, he just happened to work in the council's church. He must've thought all sorts of crazy things about the people he married in this chapel because well some of us had quite... odd traditions for our weddings. I sat up straight and greeted him with a warm smile. "Nice to meet you Ms Martin, I am father Christopher, I will be the one to marry you today. If you can just wait in the next room until the bride's march begins then that would be great, until then just sit down and calm down because you look more nervous than a criminal waiting to be hanged" I laughed although it sounded more like I was being choked. He gave me a wry smile before fiddling with his collar and sending me into the next room. I obeyed and sat down in there, instead.

Twiddling my thumbs as I sat alone in the bridal waiting area I listened for when my song came on. I knew what it was, I'd had so many reahersals by now it was drilled into my memory, I came out of here, walked down the aisle with my vampire maker and then the actual ceremony began.

We'd say our vows, exchange rings and with the priests permission the dog would kiss me, therefore ending the ceremony and the torture it brought. I prayed this ended quickly but because I have seldom been a lucky person the ceremony dragged on, every second felt like minutes and every minute felt like an hour. I wished it would just finish but I wasn't that lucky.

None-the-less I gritted my teeth and braced myself for the events that were to come. And when I heard the band finishing the song before mine I got up and exited the small room I stood in, pausing briefly before I entered the room. That's when my song started. It was played on the violin and the choir sung softly with angelic voices. I saw my mother and father sat in the front pew, my mother shed a tear although this certainly wasn't the first time I'd been married it was the only one she had seen.

My father clutched her hand and smiled at me gently, I knew he didn't want to let his little girl go... again. I was an only child and he'd always spoilt me rotten. But it hadn't been enough I'd wanted to explore the world but that meant leaving and I had.