Chapter Six

Visions blurred in the midst of such a frigid day. The land continuously was powdered with white crystallized cloud water, and the temperature too just went down like the specific canine's hope.

          "Hello?" She called onwards to the fog that's built in front of her; nobody came to reply to her query as the wind just hummed eerily to her, which tickled her spine in the most unpleasant way possible.

          It was getting colder and colder already, and she's losing aspiration in finding that warmth.

          Once again, she called out for help, for anyone, but silence conquered above all noise. It was deafening, yet it played a thousand marching bands, drumming along to the beat of flakes falling down.

          But there, in the midst of a thick white fog came a faint gleam. She assumed it was fire or a flashlight in search for her, is what she convinced herself from anyway. But it was slowly straying away from her.

          "Wait!!" She called into the mysterious figure, despite having this icy, yet burning feeling within her throat.

          Even though it was undoubtingly clear and loud to hear through the shards of the weeping weather pounding to the ground, the mysterious figure seems to have not heard it due to his evident movement of not looking back for her.

          Quickening her pace, she inched closer and closer until she had gone past through that ivory barricade that stood between her and her last remnant of hope.

          Breathing in and out quickly, she looked up with a smile to meet with the figure's gaze.

          "Eirwen!" The female canine says, testing out the name that labels a specific male fox that she finds comfort with.

          Fur that threads around his body that wrapped him eternally something white as snow, orbs varnished with ash-like hues that hung effortlessly — yes majestically like a portrait belonging to museums..

          This was that one face that washed relief on her growing bay of anxiety-land. Finally, she thought to herself A familiar face.

          As she was about to draw nearer, there was something that she'll discover for herself in this wintry wasteland.

          Upon the find, she found the fox looked provoked; his lips were pursed into a thin line, and those gray eyes that she finds quite warm and comforting like home radiate an icy undertone. He looked like he was deep in contemplation, and she wishes to know more what's going on in that little mind of his.

          "Eir..wen?" Called out the female canine at the frozen fox; if she hadn't looked properly for herself, she would've concluded that he was just a snow creation with a fallen flashlight that sits adjacent to his winter-like fur.

          "What's wrong?" She began to question him, placing her somewhat warm paws, which he flinched at the sensation she brought onto him.

          Swiftly, he swiped his head forth her and found his eyes sore from a reason she knows nothing of. At the sight of it, she could only drop her mouth in agape in utter confusion and shock.

          The only thing she could do was thread her paw onto his cheeks. Upon touching his cheeks, there were threads of frozen fur that trails underneath from his eyes until his cheeks.