Chapter Fifteen

The horn announced mightily of their arrival, as the already fine-sculpted lands of Ashmont had stood in front of them — delicately paved with a fine strip of eroded rocks; awaiting for everyone to depart on the vessel and show what made it different from everyone else.

          A burst of energy had made landfall upon the crowd, finally awakening from their deep and probably nauseating slumber; Marshall and Everest had emerged out from their previous place — the alleyways, where they spent the rest of their hours conversing and hidden from the crowd.

          "So let me get this straight," Teary-eyed Everest questions with a crack of dawn plastered upon her lips "She really adopted a chicken?"

           "Hard to believe, right? Instead of giving composure, it just creates more trouble than it's worth." He rolls his eyes humorously, as he slightly felt surprised at the sensation of having the planks switch with cool cement pavements. A path that's quite frankly, rougher than polished wood itself.

           As they slowly transitioned themselves from the damp dock, a beautiful green forestry had pulled upon their views — a conflation of fir and coniferous evergreen trees, and the dulcet pure flowers that lay low beneath its grassy beds, creating a natural lustrous feeling despite the shades giving off of its natural dull colors. Every CorNer that you seek, were stringed with nature delights, and its native charm.

          Skies that were painted above these had smudges of soft cool icy colors, yet a warm tone emitted by these rows and clusters of heart-built establishments.

          The younger brother of a city gave of a bursting energy of uniqueness and excitement, despite of its first-glance solitude serenity.

          "Woah.. It looks so pretty here.." Everest breathes out a puff of an awe full of smoke; it seemed that the town is getting ready to put on a show, as the temperature grew colder and colder, and the distant skies gave notice that it may deliver a beautiful fall of frozen display sooner or later.

          He could only laugh in response as he, himself, can't deny the utter perfection of his old homeland. Due to him inhabiting the sunbathed Adventure Bay for at least eighty-five of his life, he can't lie even if his life depended on it, if having a switch of scenery was a pleasant gift to his senses.

          All those intense days he long created back there, were now overshadowed greatly with a simplistic scenery, filled with a toned-down version of his second hometown.

          "The trip there may take some time. Considering that I might struggle to navigate back to it from the years. But.." a hum of interrogation vibrated out of the husky's system, right after silence tailed behind him.

          "One thing I cannot forget is, I'm hungry."

          A dulcet aroma coming from the fresh pastries, and flavorful hot beverages emitted a bitter-sweet scent and swirled the atmosphere into a perfect cafe ambiance

          A dulcet aroma coming from the fresh pastries, and flavorful hot beverages emitted a bitter-sweet scent and swirled the atmosphere into a perfect cafe ambiance. Clamour of people's conversations, the clinking of glasses, mugs, and plates being settled upon the table, the evident chopping of the mighty blade upon the wooden grounds; basically, beautiful chaos had swarmed them upon entry.