Chapter Twenty 🎵

Rocky and Eirwen looked at the arriving Dally as if he were a ghost himself. Marking out the "paleness" — since he's obviously covered with bleach-looking fur — he had hollow and bloodshot eyes carving his whole emotional upfront.

          "Did Everest say anything to you?" the snow fox interrogates, genuinely concerned that they might have fought, considering how their relationship is, but the Dalmatian himself could only smile painfully at them and admits he doesn't deserve her kindness. But what no one knew or could pinpoint to, was that he was taking advantage of his pearly grins as he knew himself that if anything had happened, it went South.

          The duo shared agitated glances at each other; even though he was presenting himself as someone silly and idiotic with an assuring smile, the truth would always seep out of him as his reddened eyes say otherwise.

          Offering him if he'd like to talk about i1t, he just told them that all was told, and needing to elaborate more was unnecessary. Actually, he had a lot to hide from them, including his sour heart that inconveniently now bellows her name in confusion, sourness and longingness — things that delight him upon discovery but groan of agony as this was the least he wanted to feel. Of course, he can't say that. Not in front of him..

          "Chase?" he began, lifting his head upon sensing his presence gone "Off to investigate something. Not sure when they'll be back, but he'll be back to have dinner later by seven. With all the PAW Patrol I mean." responds of the Mongrel, to which he nodded in return.

          After that, he decided to condition himself for an upcoming dinner — him tidying himself away from the bitter stains and getting the vehicles ready.

          Within the bathroom, as he splashed a cool rush of water to his face, he could see the scars of mistakes that made its embarkment on him, to memories that either are golden or rotten, and the lies he tailored himself that blackened his bruises the more he ignored this; they were all prevalent there and created a distorted face of a young Dalmatian.

          Youth was soon bidding its farewell with all its luggage and conversations and its in-betweens; its dusk train have arrived and whistled of its arrival, a reminder that not forever will he remain as what he is today, nor will he have the power to obtain what once was his.

          A reflection of his true self had reflected in front of him and made him realize how childish, selfish and hypocritical he has been acting. From the bursting anger and obnoxious mirth episodes, up until to his deadly ignorance, he could only cringe at the thought of it and wished he had thought rationally at least ninety percent more and took a moment to look back at those who were behind and had a much worse situation than him.

          He wanted to protect of what's left of the PAW Patrol after that incident — and that is to be everyone's glimmer of hope and happiness, perhaps that's why he couldn't let go of his constant need of tripping purposefully for a comic relief, he thought that everyone probably needed it. But he soon came to realization at how annoying and repetitive the ritual he does best became; no one complained, but he knows well it's an old tale now.

          Looking at the ghost in front of him — taunting him of what he had created — through sharply piercing his blue irises, he realized how messed up he had become and there's so many things he needed to improve. One thing's for sure, is make it up to Everest and shove away these feelings for her in order to not make things even complicated between them.

          Tears that had been held back had streamed down his cheeks and those emotions he had bottled had gone away within one river. As it made its way to the river beds, it had washed away his former skin that he tailored ever since that incident — a worn-out smile, a scarred face, hollow and fabricated cheerful eyes — they now were gone.