Chapter Fourteen

A bomb of pollution correlated to the sense of hearing had been deployed among the tranquil mountain tops. Barks, yells, and plain chaos rumbled the summit during the crack of dawn, and all went up and about upon searching for a missing family.

          Nobody had realized of Marshall's presence to be nonexistent as it was only later discovered probably five hours subsequent to his disappearance that the problem was addressed, and to add on top of that, Everest too, was missing today and slipped out of the scene without a single word.

          "Does anyone have any idea of his whereabouts?" Ryder questioned everyone within the room calmly, but it could not be helped that the boiling anguish was to surface into thin mists that follow and loom around him like a halo.

          To respond to this, everyone was only clueless and had nodded sideways in decline as they admit they have no idea where he could possibly be. Even Marshall's last conversations he had established freely with them, not one of them had breached into his thoughts nor had he given them any awareness about it.

          "Although, me and Marshall had a conversation a couple of days ago," Spoke the Alsatian, who broke through the barrier of silence; remembering the past he barely knows of, it flashed to him that being truthful is something you should do — he had enough of keeping guard of all secrets, and he now knew doing so just cuts the quandary wound deeper.

          "He's told me of his past, though I don't think I'm in the place to tell it all, but he did mention of longing to go back to Ashmont." He received bewildered casts while Ryder could only wordlessly take this with shock.

           "I thought—"

           Ryder had halted himself from speaking any further, as Chase's eyes spoke that there's much more complexity behind his backgrounds, and speaking it in mere minutes could not be done, and that no matter how much it can be boiled down to a simple soup, he already assumed everyone will keep coming back to verify and engrave this clearly to understand more, and that's the least they should be worrying about.

          Taking a deep sigh, as he places his hands akimbo and runs his fingers through his un-gelled hair in conclusion "So.. Does anyone know where Ashmont is?"

          A beat of silence passed by the already tensioned and suffocating atmosphere; they were running out of time, and despite they know, or probably what they assume he's going to do — go back to his homeland (with possibly having a husky come with him), they can't help but have the thought of them being unsafe pestered them parallel to a parasite.

          Suddenly, someone raised their limb with tinier branches attached to it "I know." It was Jake; his brunet hair had crestfallen shadowed his once scintillating forest green irises. His body screamed of energy loss and hopelessness, though something within it withholds a different story.

          "Ashmont. It's a place that's a strait or two away from Adventure Bay itself. Unlike the Bay itself, it's mostly clouded with white fractals and desolated with white scenery — it's frozen for the most part, but for the people who live there? The statement's a different story."