31~ happy birthday

Percy's POV

I set down the pen, my hand sore. I looked over unhappily at Jason, seemingly in the same position as me.

He looked up. 'What?' His face seemed to ask.

My scowl deepened. He knew exactly what.

"Percy c'mon, it's not that bad"

"What part of this is 'not that bad', superman?"

"You get to create something, save your money and spend time with me"

I snorted. "sure" I shot back, my voice laced with sarcasm.

Jason rolled his eyes at me but returned to his work.

I sighed, and turned my attention back to the half finished wedding invitation on the table in front of me.

so much effort.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
3rd Person POV

After what seemed like an unreasonable amount of time, but was probably no more than 40 minutes, Percy set down his pen and started to rub his hand, as it had began to cramp from holding it for so long.

"I'm done" he announced, staring at Jason as he waited for his reaction.

Jason nodded "well done". His tone was slightly sarcastic and his focus didn't move from the current wedding invitation in front of him.

Percy rolled his eyes, standing up and leaving the room.

He was tired, and wanted some food.

He arrived in the kitchen and spent a fair emount of time opening and closing the various cupboards. He must've looked in the fridge more than 5 times.

It was only after a fair few minutes of scrounging the kitchen for something- anything--that was suitable enough to fill the growing void in his stomach that he realised there wasn't really anything he craved.

He collapsed in a chair, annoyed. He wanted something  but he had no idea what.

He fiddled with his phone, turning it on and off, stumped for an idea of what to eat.

After a few minutes he finally noticed the date: August 17th.

No, that couldn't be right.

But it was.

His birthday was tomorrow.

He frowned, how could so much time have passed?

It seemed like only yesterday it was Jason's birthday.

Percy shuddered at that thought, he could feel nothing but pity for his poor fiancee.

God, he wouldn't wish that on anyone.

And yet it happened to the one he loved the most.

How was that fair?

Jason's POV

It was about 20 minutes after Percy left the room that I finished my half of the pile.

Percy could've helped I thought bitterly

Oh well.

I walked to the kitchen- the most obvious place he would have gone.

Sure enough he was there. Munching his way through a pack of blue saltwater taffy and playing among us.

I chuckled to myself as I opened the fridge and pulled out a sprite. "What colour are you?"

Percy grumbled, "some jackass took blue and another took cyan. So I'm green"