27~ Kitchen Boner

Jason's POV

I felt myself jump awake to a sudden beeping come from my bedside table. As I sat up, reaching my arm over Percy the memories from yesterday came rushing back into my mind. 

Ohhhhhh shit shit shit SHIT

He put so much effort into my birthday and I spoilt it.

I'm sorry, Percy

A second beep from my phone prompted me out of my self wallowing and I finally grabbed it and brought it to my face.

From: Nico Di Angelo 

Hey jasooon 

So Will n I were just making sure date night is still on. I mean you don't really have a choice so I'm more warning you. We'll be there at 3. 

From: Nico Di Angelo

P.S
Please make sure Percy has a shower. He smells.

...date night?

SHIT. DATE NIGHT!

I checked the time on my phone, sighing in relief as I saw it was only 9:30 am. 

"Percy?"

I shook his shoulder gently as I whispered into his ear.

"Percy baby?"

I sighed. Nothing. He was out like a light.

He was so exhausted last night.

I felt a pang of guilt, knowing I was the reason.

I stood up, messing my hair as I released a light yawn and walked towards the bathroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Riiight" I muttered to myself as I assessed the pile of ingredients before me, comparing them to the recipe in my hand.

"OK 2 tins of tomatoes, 2 packs of mince..."

I continued with the bolognese recipe, checking them before nodding to myself.

I was all set to go.

3.5 hours later

Percy's POV

A sudden crash from downstairs followed by a string of curses more creative than even I could muster broke the silence and roused me from my sleep.

I yawned loudly, stretching my arms and looking around the room.

I noticed 2 things.

1. Jason was not here
2. Bright sunlight was streaming through the curtains, illuminating the clock that read 1:25

"Shit I slept in late" I muttered to myself.

I yawned again and stood up, tiredly rubbing my eyes as I shuffled out of the door and downstairs, the cursing and crash pushed to the furthest corners of my mind.

A sense of uneasy tranquillity was settled in the house.

I saw no one as I trundled towards the kitchen, hoping to grab an apple before searching for Jason.

The peace didn't last long.

When I finally arrived I stopped dead in my tracks, standing in the middle of the doorway, my mouth agape.

The wall as and floor were splattered with a red substance I can only assume was pasta sauce.

A packet of flour had collapsed on the floor, spewing white dusty clouds around the room.

I took a step in and heard something crack beneath my feet.

I looked down to see the remnants of a china bowl smashed underfoot.

Upon hearing the noise Jason, standing in the far corner of the kitchen desperately trying to wipe pasta sauce off the wall, turned around.

He smiled sheepishly at me "Heyyy Perce..."

I looked at him, shocked. "Jason..." I began "What did you do?!"

Jason's POV

I looked at my feet "I wanted to cook dinner"

"You do know we live in a mansion right?" He asked "A fully staffed, including cooks, mansion"

Percy looked around at the mess surrounding us.

I felt my cheeks tint pink, seeing the kitchen appear as if it had just been hit by storm Dennis.

"Jase, I always do the cooking because otherwise this happens."

"I just wanted to try" I moaned

Percy chuckled "Bro this is my place, you're more of a physical labour than cooking kinda dude"

"OK, 1. I can do whatever I want"

Percy raised his eyebrow at me as he looked around the kitchen.

"2," I continued "We've been in a relationship for 6 years and you're calling me bro?"

He shrugged "We never left our bromance behind we just added romance into the mix"

I chuckled "Well, bro" I said, emphasising the 'bro' "Since you have such a boner for the kitchen you can help me clean up"

Percy's eyes doubled in size as he scanned the mess around us "Uh- actually I think I hear someone calling my name" he backed away slowly.

"Nuh uh uh" I said, grabbing him by his t-shirt collar and pulling him towards me.

I pulled his body close to mine and looked down on him, smirking slightly. Percy's cheeks flushed red.

"J-Jase?"

I bit my lip as I looked him up and down.

He shuffled his weight from one foot to another as he stood in from of me.

I smiled, handing him a cloth, leaving a peck on his cheek. "Now, you can start with the floor"

Percy rolled his eyes and grumbled but proceeded to get on his hands and knees.

I smiled fondly at the back of his head and pulled out my own rag before checking the time:

1:30

I sighed. This was gonna be a long hour and a half.

Nico's POV

"Will!" I shouted, tapping my foot impatiently as I waited at the bottom of the stairs.

"Give me a minute I'm coming!"

I rolled my eyes, checking the silver watch on my wrist. "We are going to be late Solace!"

I looked up to see Will sauntering down the stairs, his long golden hair handing in a messy ponytail, shining in the afternoon sun.

"Well, you should have gotten ready earlier," he said, giving me a kiss in the cheek as he walked out of the door and stepped into our car.

I stood still for a moment, trying to refrain my urge to strangle my fiancee.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Jason?! Percy?" I yelled as I knocked on the front door for the 5th time

I felt a soft hand placed on my shoulder "Maybe they're having a shower or something Neeks"

I rolled my eyes, sighing.

I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist.

I smiled, turning around, still trapped in Will's embrace, to face him.

"Heya handsome" he whispered, his soft voice gravelly.

I smiled bashfully, resting my head on his chest.

"I love you," He said, holding me tightly

I smiled to myself, not responding but giving his hand a quick squeeze.

I could almost feel him smiling.