34~ Long Sleeves And Heat Waves

Percy's POV

I looked down as Jason packed away the first aid kid.

God, you're so fucking useless. You can't even cut without worrying him.

Waste of space. freak. loser.

I groaned internally, wishing quite strongly that a 5 ton truck would come hurtling through the airport and flatten me on impact.

but that would be shit because Jason is in this room too, guess i'll need a rain check on that.

I sighed heavily as these thoughts penetrated my mind, Jason looked over, convern lacing his face

"hey," he said "its okay, yeah?"

I rolled my eyes, no it's not okay. how can he say its okay?

"look, perce" he said "i know you're hurting but i WANT to be here for you. i want to help. You, you mean everything to me and i want to-" he paused, correcting himself. "i WILL do everything in my power to help you"

i just sighed, the shame weighing me down. I couldn't look him in the eyes. How could i? Years of lies so meticulously hidden, so organised. and now...

Jason knelt down, so our heads were at the same level. I felt his fingers brush against my chin as he gently pushed my head upwards.

I looked at him.

"I love you, Percy Jackson. I love all of you, even the bits you hide"

I felt tears prick at my eyes. I didn't hold them back, my eyebrows creasing and face crumpling as i fell towards him, burying my head in his shoulder.

"hey, hey shhhh. It's okay" he whispered

wrong

"I- I guess"

no

Jason pulled me close, holding me, wrapping his arms around my torso and rested his head on my neck. I stayed sitting stiffly, refusing to allow myself to feel safe in his embrace.

Jason noticed this and sighed lightly to himself, only holding me tighter- refusing to let me go.

I sat awkwardly in his embrace for a couple of minutes until a loud chime rang thorugh the air.

i pulled away, grateful for the reason. i'm sure jason noticed, assuming any other time that i would have remained in his embrace, even while checking the message on my phone.

"its from nico" i told him "him and will are here, outside the gate. they're asking where we are.

"do you want to go? because i will call this whole thing of if you need-"

"no, no no no there's no need. everyone's paid and i don't want to cause trouble or anything"

"but you won't, its OUR stag weekend and they'll understand"

i closed my eyes, inhaling deeply.

just compartmentalise, you've been doing it for years

after a few moments of deep breathing i turned to jason, "its okay, i want to do this. lets go now, yeah?"

he looked at me dubiously but nodded, standing up and making his way to the door. jason opened it and stepped out, i followed him through afterwards.

i felt my cheeks flush red as we exited the bathroom- two grown men in a disabled toilet together. what if people think we were having sex, what if they think-