Chapter 33

This chapter is based on the episode, "The Prophecy". I hope you enjoy it! Happy reading!

(Robin's POV)

Beast Boy and I were in the living room, staring at the same tape that played when Slade and Black Dahlia attacked not too long ago.

Raven ran away from the tall, surrounding flames, dodging the falling metal pillars as Slade stood over her.

"It has begun," Slade said. What stood out the most was the bright red marking on the forehead of his mask.

"Freeze," I ordered, and Beast Boy paused the security tape, giving me a good look at the symbol. It was foreign. I had no idea what it could be. And I had to get to the bottom of it.

"Rewind," I told a very bored Beast Boy, who listened and rewound the short clip I needed. However, that didn't stop him from complaining, which ticked me off a lot more than usual.

"Dude, we've been looking at this thing all day. I'm telling you there's nothing else there," he whined, irritating the hell out of me. I wasn't going to give up. Slade's after Raven, our Raven, and she's in danger. Why would Slade get himself a new apprentice and target Raven?

"There has to be. Play it again," I argued, staring at the screen.

Beast Boy sighed, "Slade and Black Dahlia Kick Butt, take 304." He played the paused tape, giving me a view yet again of the scene.

I heard heavy footsteps, already knowing who it was, "Cyborg, anything?"

We were searching strictly for the meaning and origin of the symbol on Slade's forehead. Black Dahlia, however, had no relevance with the symbol at all. She was just a supernatural apprentice, a dangerous one at that. 

Cyborg was staring at the drawn out symbol in his hands, "I cross-matched that symbol with every database on the planet."

I knew there had to be something, there HAD to be, "And?"

His next words had me thinking at one hundred miles per hour.

"Nothing. Whatever it is, it's not from Earth."

I crossed my arms in utter and deep frustration, "New powers, cryptic threats, vampire apprentice, targeting Raven? Slade's playing a whole new game now."

I stepped closer to the screen, examining the red symbol closely, "And this symbol is the key. We will find out what it means."

 ~

(Third Person POV)

Raven stared at the familiar symbol, the familiar symbol she knew to avoid at all costs.

Slade's voice suddenly rang out, but two sets of feet jumped along the hard, crafted and destroyed buildings.

"Tick tock, Raven. Time is running out." Raven whirled around and saw both Slade, and the Titans' newest enemy, Black Dahlia.

"I'm not afraid of you," Raven retorted, trying to ease the fear slowly creeping into her body.

Black Dahlia's eerily calm voice suddenly rang out from behind her, "Silly girl. We're not the ones to be afraid of." 

Raven turned around, catching a full view of the two, Slade and Black Dahlia. They both walked towards her, while she stalked backwards, hoping it would all just stop.

"You know that," Black Dahlia's voice was low, but anger laced through it, making her sound much more dangerous than she looked.

Lightning struck, and the destructive duo disappear instantly, but balls of fire replaced them, coming down in massive drops, as if it were raining.