Chapter 4

(Robin's POV)

The team and I were outside the infirmary, keeping watch on the girl. The more I thought about it, the more I felt I was piecing her together. 

Trauma

I couldn't help but come to the conclusion that she's running from something, dying to be hidden away, desperate to find a place to hide every bit of brokenness she's trying to mend.

"What must we do with the girl when she awakens?" Starfire wondered aloud. 

"Why doesn't she stay here for a while?" Cyborg smiled. 

The monitors on our screen in the living room went off the charts all of a sudden. The team froze in fear, as did I. What's going on!?

"I'll check on her. Stand outside," I ordered, running towards the infirmary doors.

(Amber's POV)

"It's a great day out, isn't it?" asked Clark. We were looking for hidden generators. If I wasn't so distracted with my current problem, I might have found the dumb generators somewhere.

I felt as if I were being watched. I had been feeling it for a while now. 

This didn't make any sense. I'm just someone from the now dead planet of Krypton wanting to settle, just like Clark. So why does he want me?

"You okay there, Amber? You seem tense," noted Clark. Oh, great. Now I have to put up my best acting skills just so he wouldn't have any suspicion.

"I'm fine, I'm just really focusing on finding these generators, you know?" I replied. I added a fake smile to my act, trying to sound convincing. He sighed and gave me a smile back. Whew. What a relief!

"About that...there are no generators. I brought you here to talk. And you won't get away with your secrets. So what's going on?" he shot the question out.

"It's nothing, really. Nothing's wrong, Clark," I said. I began to feel nervous, because he knew, and I knew, that my behavior wasn't up to par.

I took a sharp glance throughout the whole park. Nobody was here....

"Amber, you know your act will NOT work with me. I'm not naive. You seem much more reserved. You jump at anything within a five foot radius from you. We're family. You're supposed to be able to confide in me to help you with whatever you go through." 

I guess it's time to say it. Well...here it goes.

"Well...the reason I didn't tell you sooner was because-"

Clark was suddenly hit with an uppercut, sending him flying to the ground. My jaw dropped in shock, wondering who the culprit was. I turned very slowly to see Lex Luthor standing behind me.

"Hello there, sweet Amber. How delighted I am to see you again," said Lex. I gulped in panic and backed up, only to have Clark pull me back behind him.

"Stay away from her! This is between you and me!!!" Clark's anger flared before him. His eyes lit with neon red heat vision and shot at Lex. Lex's suit had no damage done. Instead, he pulled out a stone of an emerald hue.

Pain shot throughout my body, leaving me to fall to the ground. I felt someone hurl me about thirty feet away. I looked up to see it was Clark who did it. I was about to get back up and run to him, in pain and all when he stopped me.

"Amber! Just stay there! Don't move!" he yelled. I didn't want to listen. 

"No! This isn't your mess to clean up! It's ME he wants! COME AND GET ME!!!!!" I screamed loudly.