Chapter 46

Hey guys! This chapter will be based on the episodes "Homecoming", parts one and two. I cut out quite a bit of the scenes from both episodes because I wanted this one to be more in Amber's POV. Enjoy!

I found myself engaged in a war against my eyes.

My intention was to focus on this "All Star Prop Comedy Revue" Beast Boy set up, but I was so unbelievably tired, or bored, whichever came first. I wanted to fall asleep then and there, just like my boyfriend.

 My hazy eyes caught sight of Robin knocked out on one of the dining tables, snoring, with his head covered by his arms. Cyborg lost the battle between consciousness and shuteye. Raven was occupied by a rather large book. I should probably ask her to let me borrow one. I could use a good story.

Starfire, who was opposite side of me, was the only one occupied by Beast Boy's comedy setup. Well, if I can't even pay attention to this, might as well-

Ow, ow, ow!

My head began to ache as my current thoughts became much, much louder. There wasn't too much for me to stress about in particular, aside from that vision I had recently. It was just my random thoughts screaming at me from the very corners of my mind.

I've been developing many more abilities in the psychic department. They were subtle, but intact. My strong suit now was my empath ability. I can telepathically receive emotions and energy and feel them as if they were my own. I had a lot to learn, a lot to master.

The only problem is I haven't told anyone about it yet, not because I felt distrust, but because I at least wanted to be in some control over these abilities before mentioning them to anyone.

 I haven't had any visions since the last one. They've become very scarce. Thank goodness Raven has taught me meditation, otherwise my heightened emotions and the psychic abilities would make me absolutely crazy.

Taking quiet, calm breaths, I shut my eyes and began to think about a calm place.

In a quick progression, I felt my body relax within seconds. My limbs and face numbed to oblivion as I was now absent in reality. The only present part of me in the living room with my teammates was my body. Aside from that, I was gone.

My eyes opened up to the night sky at the beach. The stars were as bright as they could ever be, almost blinding to the most insensitive of eyes. I could see the Big Dipper and every other star surrounding it. I caught sight of the moon, glowing with a yellow-orange tint, just the way I loved it. 

The small, warm waves licked at my feet, inviting me into the darkest of oceans. Dark, but safe. This is the place I created to find peace and comfort. 

With frustration boiling inside, I charged into the water, and felt the warm temperature change almost immediately as I went under. My senses were recharged, awakening me completely as I took in the cool water beneath the surface.

The sharp prickling sensations hit me everywhere as the ocean water was now as cold as ice. I was cold to the touch, but comfortable in the position I was in. This was only a fragment of the world I have created inside, the world I could escape to whenever reality seemed to be too much.

I could go anywhere I wanted to when I needed a sense of security and control.

That's it, just sink a little lower, and let the wind bite into your skin as you resurface.

I was already swimming, swimming towards the surface when I heard something completely out of the ordinary. It was as if something crashed against a door. That's strange. Why would I hear that when I'm in the ocean?