Chapter 19

As we stepped inside, we slowed our pace - Rancid could be anywhere. I was desperately trying not to panic, because I could feel that we were being watched very closely. 

Taking a deep breath, I flipped my communicator open, calling Cyborg. 

"What's going on!?" he answered loudly. Had I not been telling myself to stay neutral and focus on the situation, I would have frozen up in worry. 

"Rancid has eyes on us, so we're trying to be discrete while we make our way to you guys. Hang in there," I spoke quickly. 

"Starfire and I are working on it, so don't blow your cover to find us. Those guests are collateral. We'll be fine," he tried to assure me, with the call cutting off abruptly. 

~

 We waltzed a bit on the dance floor, making our way over to Beast Boy and Raven. As I expected, Beast Boy was eating. Raven simply stared at her date as if he really were a pig. Well, he is an animal.

"Beast Boy, we have to go," Robin interrupted him. He stared up at us, his mouth full of food, eyes staring us down in disbelief. 

"Cyborg and Starfire were caught by Rancid's dog. If we don't get to them soon they're dead meat," I explained. From there, we made our way higher and higher into the museum. 

"Why did we all have to come? One of us could have stayed downstairs," Raven suggested. 

I nodded, sighing quietly, "You're right, I'm sorry." My eyes caught sight of a particular wall. 

I was about to run with super speed to break it down when Robin interrupted. 

"I should come with you. Raven, take the other side of the museum. Beast Boy, go back downstairs and keep a close watch without being obvious. If any of you find Cyborg, Starfire, Rancid, or that robot pet of his, call us," he ordered. 

They nodded and ran off, while I grabbed Robin's hands.

"Change of plans. We're flying, so don't let go," I instructed. My flight brought us up into the air, where I began scanning the area.

I was concentrating on my X-Ray vision when he stopped me. 

"What are you doing?" he asked. 

"Using my X-Ray vision. It'll give me access to see everything. I can easily find Cyborg and Starfire if I concentrate hard enough."

"So you can see the entire museum right now?"

"Yes. My X-Ray vision basically provides me with a live blue print of everything I focus on, except lead, but that's a given considering the family bloodline." I stopped talking, and focused on seeing everything. 

It took everything inside to keep my composure up - I was too close to screaming, until I finally broke through and found what I was looking for. 

Starfire was inside Johnny Rancid's 'dog's' mouth, desperate to be free. I saw Cyborg attempting to get her out, but the dog was snapping at him. But where was Rancid?

I could tell Robin could see it on my face, because he spoke up again. 

"What did you see?" 

"I found Star and Cyborg. We need to get to them NOW," I rushed. I gripped his hands tightly, and began flying backwards toward the wall in front of us. If we couldn't open doors and run fast enough, then this is the answer.

"Wait! Use your heat vision!" He yelped. He was right - I can't rupture anything without causing commotion. I used my heat vision against the wall quickly and flew in, with Robin hanging onto my hands as I used my body to shield us.