Chapter 30

I was disgusted with myself, hating every inch, every crevice of my body, every piece of me from the inside with a hatred even stronger than Lex's, than Slade's. I hated myself, and I couldn't even find it in me to do anything.

I knew I had to do something to save the Titans. I had to warn them, but I couldn't just walk in, masked and all. I mean, they know me as Black Dahlia, Slade's apprentice, a criminal.

And a very dangerous one at that.

I sighed as a dangerous plan came into my mind. I had to do it.

~

(Robin's POV)

I was feeling limp and lifeless as days went by.

Every night that I would visit my girlfriend's grave, everything seemed to rot. Flowers were dead, the grass was turning brown, and a foul stench was surrounding the area.

A part of me hoped, stupidly hoped she was alive and well, watching over me, over my friends. But the part of me that was intact with reality knew she was dead.

I ate when I was starving, went out when a mission called for us. But other than that, I seemed to have lost touch with the world. I could hardly function properly. My heart was breaking into pieces and I wasn't sure how to put it all back together. 

The sound of my bedroom door opening caught my attention. I struggled to sit up as Raven entered my room, a look of concern on her now uncovered face. She took my bare hands, my cold, pale hands in hers, and looked me dead in the eyes.

"Robin, you know if you continue like this, you'll die," she said, completely vulnerable underneath the rasp in her voice.

I nodded as I stared at her, barely even able to do that.

"You rarely eat, you only surface when you're needed. Robin, we need you right now. Amber was our friend too. I know we've all barely mentioned her since the murder, but we haven't forgotten. It's as much pain for us as it is for you."

I nodded, suddenly feeling dizzy. Blackness filled my vision, and my eyes drifted closed, sending me to a fragment of peace. 

~

(Amber's POV)

I can't believe I'm doing this again.

I was breaking into Titans' Tower, all too early for the night. It was a huge risk. I could only compel so many people and because I'm so blood deprived, it might not even work.

The lights in the living room were still on, meaning at least two or three of my friends would be there. Sure enough, my ears picked up on two heart beats, but three people.

I took a small peak and saw Starfire, Beast Boy, and Cyborg in the living room, talking seriously.

"Will Robin be alright?" Starfire sounded worried, concerned for my boyfriend. Wait...what's happened to Robin!?

"We're not sure yet, Star. When Raven and I examined him in the infirmary, he wasn't well at all. Low blood pressure, dehydration, slower heart rate. He can barely even function anymore. He kept quiet this whole time and has been wasting away because of his grief."

I thought he'd be able to move on and find someone better.

I stormed off and entered Raven's room, waiting for her to return. With my X-Ray vision, I had seen her in the infirmary, hovered over Robin. I had to look away quickly when I saw him. 

I hid in the darkness, making sure I was a perfect chameleon as I stood in a corner, across from her bed.

This is my fault...