Chapter 17

Author's Note: This is Part 2 to my version of Teen Titans episode 31 "Haunted". I hope you enjoy it.

(Amber's POV) 

My eyes struggled to open, and when they did, I awakened to the plain and familiar white ceiling I knew too well. 

I turned my head, just to get a better look at my surroundings, and nearly cried out in pain from several areas on my body. I looked down at myself, noticing that I was strapped down heavily onto the bed. 

What is this!? 

My thoughts were interrupted as I heard a monitor behind me, and felt wires plastered on my face and my neck. Fighting against the excruciating pain, I began to squirm on the bed, attempting to release myself from the straps. 

The majority of my body protested as I moved consistently. The Kryptonite stone was literally still buried in my chest. I looked down to see -

Nothing. My battered eyes widened at the sight of a torn suit, but no stone. Looking at my surroundings, I failed to locate the stone. I felt the pain as I gulped down a scream, but the stone wasn't there. 

Even in my situation, I continued with attempts to free myself from the prison I lay in. I stopped when I heard voices outside the door. My friends' voices. 

"But must we keep them restrained?" It was Starfire. She sounded worried. Oh no. What did I do!?

"We have to stop him. We're the only ones who can. And we'll take down ANYONE who gets in our way!" 

The memory slammed into my mind. My eyes - my heavy eyes could still light up red in that moment. I was ready to hurt my own friends, when Slade plunged the stone into my chest. 

I threatened them. I told them I'd take them down. Robin without a doubt sided with me. I've gone rogue - I would never want to hurt them.

"W-why..." I trailed off in my raspy tone. I couldn't muster up the strength to speak.

Why am I acting like such a crazy person?

"They threatened us, Star. They're dangerous," Cyborg protested against her plea. 

I gasped slightly and turned my head, searching for Robin. I couldn't see him, but I heard grunts of pain coming from the space next to me.

"R-Robin," I tried to call for him, but my voice was weak and dry.

"Dangerous!? Try totally flipped out coocoolabanza!" Beast Boy agreed, sneezing after. 

"We've gotta run some tests on them. Figure out what's going on," Raven's familiar voice suggested. There must be something wrong with us if we're the only two who can see Slade.

"Alone again, Amber?" I gasped, and I began struggling even more quickly to release myself from the restraints on the bed, growling in pain as my body reacted. 

Slade stepped out of the shadows, eyeing me like a hawk. I heard my heart picking up speed from the monitor behind me. My mind was turning inside out, giving me no chance to think. 

All I knew in this very moment, was that if I didn't run, I'd die tonight. Plain and simple. 

"As long as I am around, you are never alone," he spoke with amusement. I twisted and turned as much as I could, trying to break myself free. 

I seriously considered going out of my way to break my own wrists, if it meant I could escape. I didn't care. All I wanted was to get off the bed and take Robin with me before Slade hurt us even more than he already has.