Chapter 35

Here it is! Chapter 35, "The End, Part 1".

(Amber's POV) *About four days later*

Slade and I were deep underground, beneath the old town library, having a discussion with the one and only, Trigon.

The only reason I even participated in this was due to the fact that Trigon had something I wanted. And I always get what I want. And the only way to get it was to follow their rules and help open the portal.

Soon, I thought to myself, as I stood behind Slade, observing his kneeling position. Although the fire was very close to my body, surrounding Slade and I where we stood, I had no fear. If anyone were to be double crossed, the first person on the list would be Slade and I'd have the advantage. I will not go down with him.

"The time has come. The prophecy shall be fulfilled. Tonight at dusk, when the planets align, the portal will be opened. Finally, I shall be free from this fiery prison, and the earth shall be mine!!" Trigon was clearly anticipating breaking out of what I would call The Mockery of Hell. I don't know what Hell is like but I'd assume it has way more fire than this.

"We will make sure Raven realizes her destiny, and for bringing you your precious gem, I expect you to keep your part of the bargain, and return what is precious to me," Slade said, informing Trigon he hadn't forgotten.

I rolled my eyes, stepping over to Slade with a smirk on my unmasked face.

"I also expect you keep your promise to give me what I've lost. I've helped you with your gem, and I want what's mine," I said confidently, loudly enough to be thought of as a presence.

I knew what I wanted, and I wasn't going to stop until I got it. It didn't matter who I'd have to hurt, or who I'd have to kill just to get what I want.

"You both bring me the gem, and you shall both get what you deserve," Trigon reminded, signaling the end of the discussion. Slade stood up, growing taller as I was already standing. I may have shown a bit of defiance against Trigon, but my work was promising.

"Deal," I said, just as Slade had also agreed.

"It's a beautiful day for the end of the world," he said absentmindedly, happily. I smirked. As we began walking to the exit we created, I stopped just as the long scene began playing within my eyes, as if I were right there.

Raven's entire body was covered in the prophecy, the mark of Scath. She was on the rooftop, and Robin was there with her, with what appeared to be...bandaged hands?

I could see the pain in his face, but he still held a smile of hope as he stared at the sunrise.

How pathetic.

The bright light made me wince, only in irritation. I hadn't seen the light of day in so long. The only bright light I could see was fire, and even that would kill me. I was adjusted to the darkness, and darkness only.

The vision didn't stop there. I saw Raven attempting to make breakfast, and shortly after that, fighting crime in the city with the other Titans. Then, the park.

Bingo.

That's when the eclipse starts. Dusk immediately comes forth and the prophecy is clearly in sight.

Once I saw the tower and what they were doing, my eyes began to darken.

"What do you see, apprentice?" Slade asked, stopping as soon as he noticed my eyes taking it all in.

"It appears the Titans have come up with their own plans. There's a room they've built specialized to protect Raven from Trigon. They're trying to keep her from opening the portal," I informed him, beginning to walk again.