Chapter 24

"You will serve me as my apprentice."

"I will."

"You will obey my every command."

"I will."

"You will stand by my side."

"I will."

 "You will help me annihilate the Teen Titans."

 "Yeah, sure."

~

I haven't fully processed dying and coming back from the dead. I haven't fully processed the fact that I am now a vampire, now adjusting to a completely new set of instincts and abilities. 

Slade had given me strict orders to change my appearance so that I wouldn't be recognized at night. 

I spent the time I needed to dye my hair, and change my clothes. My locks went from a rich, vibrant auburn to a deep, violet black.

The girl in the mirror had paler skin, a bone ivory with a contrast so striking against the black hair that she looked dead. She saw through fiery hazel brown eyes, standing powerfully in the black leather suit accentuated with metal pieces at the shoulders. 

A smirk made its way to my face for about two seconds, when the discomfort of thirst wiped the hint of satisfaction from my face. It was annoying, and the sensation felt as if I hadn't consumed any sort of fluids in days - a deep dryness, an itch, that needed to be satiated. 

"Better. Much better," Slade announced happily. I gave him an eye roll, whirling towards him slowly. 

"Someone's in a great mood today," I shrugged, staring straight into his masked eye.

"I feel satisfaction when a task of mine is completed."

"A task being my transformation."

"Yes," he confirmed. 

Another eye roll from me. Something I've come to notice, is that I am much more easy to annoy. I thought it was easy when I was... Alive, but this was ridiculous. I've turned into a walking time bomb.

"Okay, mission accomplished, Sir," I started, "So what happens now? I'm dead, you're not out in the open because everyone thinks you're dead too. What's your plan?"

"And here's where your first test comes into play."

He stayed silent after that, causing me to sigh in irritation.

"Well!?"

"Someone seems to be a bit on edge. Thirsty?"

"Yeah. Where are the blood bags?"

"There are none."

"Excuse me?" I snarled, stepping closer to Slade.

"I only gave you the one blood bag to complete your transition. You're in charge of tending to your thirst."

"And how am I supposed to do that?" I snapped, feeling irritated. The longer I went without blood, the more irritated I felt.

"Figure it out. Explore the heart of the city," Slade ordered. I kept my narrowed eyes at him as I walked out of his hideout and into the night.

~

I thought my eyes were sharp before - my eyes now were extremely precise, picking out things in the air that I could see even in massive distances.

My ears were able to pick up great quality of sound from miles and miles away. Of course, I had my other senses, but my hearing and my sight were the most dominant.