Chapter 5

My eyes snapped open, and I sat up quickly, scanning my surroundings with X-Ray vision as I panted from the nightmare.

It was 5 a.m., and I was sitting up on the long gray couch, wondering what I could do since I was more than likely the first person in the entire tower to wake up.

Stupid nightmares.

I stood up and looked up at the sky through the giant glass. It was still dark outside, but the sun had a small peak out, so it wasn't for too long I'd have to wait for it.

I found the hallway bathroom and slipped into a pair of gym shorts and a muscle shirt. I sped and sped through the hallways until I found the gym door. It opened, revealing amazing equipment.

There was a bench presser, dumbbells covering half of a wall, treadmills, bikes, and my most favorite piece of all - A punching bag.

~

It swung backwards, then made its way towards me. My arms took power, punching and grabbing at it. After about an hour and a half, I felt it was time to end my session.

I sped back to the bathroom, using my super speed to get ready for the day.

I dressed in my uniform, consisting of navy, crimson red, and yellow. I admired the long sleeve with the 'S' crest on it, in red, contrasting among the deep navy blue. My yellow utility belt was snugly in place, holding anything I could possibly need, leading down towards the crimson red skirt. It flared out in a way, making the outfit itself appear more as a dress than anything. Clinging to my back and attached to the navy was a crimson red cape, and crimson red knee-high boots to complete the look.

I packed up my stuff and set it on the couch, preparing to leave as soon as the Titans were up and running. 

The sun was beginning to rise, forcing me to find a way to reach its beauty. I ran out the front door and flew up to the rooftop, sitting at the edge and admiring the view. 

I took a deep breath of regret as I sat there, throwing myself a pathetic pity party. I should have just given up and went straight to Lex Luthor to strike a deal with him. I shouldn't have ran. 

A tear slid down my face, along with another one...

I wiped at my eyes, knowing well that they were bloodshot. I should be able to control all of this and keep my composure. 

Observing the team last night, it was Raven who caught my attention second to Robin. If I were more like Raven, consistently in control of my own emotions, I wouldn't have a problem.

I watched the sun rise higher. Normally, I'd smile at its saturated hues of warmth and light, but right now, I couldn't feel any more negative.

My legs dangled off the edge, and I heard nothing but the wind, the chirping birds, and cars. Everything was quiet until I heard a door. Based on the amount of pressure in the footsteps approaching me and the speed of said footsteps, I knew who it was.

Robin walked over to me and sat down on the edge of the rooftop, "Morning. I came down to the living room but you weren't there."

"I tend to wake up early. I found the gym and stayed there for a while, then I got ready and came up here," I explained.

He gave me a smile. I smiled back, and turned back to watching the sun. 

"So you like the sun too?" he questioned awkwardly. 

"Yeah. It's sort of new for me, gives me some time to collect my thoughts," I said quietly, earning a questioning gaze from him.

"We're having breakfast in about five minutes, then we're up to do our usual training. I discussed with the team that we want to see your fighting skills. Is that okay?" Robin's voice was firm, but kind towards me, a total stranger.