Chapter 14: Him

4 weeks before

I feel like being able to go out without anyone guarding or following me is one of the best things I could ever do as of these times since I stepped my foot on the lands of United States of America. Well that was very poetic of me, as I would like to call it. But really, it's the real case. I feel like I'm one of those epic superheroes whenever I get to escape from our securities' tight grips on us, especially on me. This is the very first time, actually. Dave is always following me. I know he's just doing his job and he's being paid for it, but I'm sorry that I am missing way too much my old simple life that I'm not even caring about what might happen, or all the consequences waiting me. I just want to get out and have some free time on my own. If they can't give it to me, then I'll find a way to have it myself. And this is it. I don't even know why I'm doing this, but I just feel like doing so. I've been labelled as the "rebel" of the band for causing too much trouble such as issues and stuff, but to be honest, I don't really care. I mean, we all wanted to be like this, right? Famous. Bullshit and showbiz crap will be everywhere anytime at any place, so why try to be all modest and nice? If they hate me, they will always find a way to put a fucking stain on my name no matter how nice I act all the time. It's just getting into my nerves, and I'm tired. They're making me an asshole, so why not act just like one?

Before, I have always thought that wearing a beanie and sunnies is completely stupid, but I never thought that I would be using it at some point, and that is today. Maybe this is one way of trying to stay away from the paps, or another way of pretending that I'm somebody else. I don't know, really. I just came up with the thought of wearing these, maybe by them I wouldn't be recognized that easily. Or maybe by wearing them, the paps would immediately think that celebrities, usually stupid teenage band members uses stuff like these to cover themselves up so it's obvious that they're trying to get rid of someone so "hey let's follow that stupid shit because he's wearing one". With that thought, I took off the beanie and kept the sunnies on my face, and started heading off anywhere I would want to be alone.

I don't exactly know where to go. I didn't even plan this; I just came up with the thought of sneaking out and trying to get pass our security, and now I made it so I'm left with nothing else to do. I still haven't purchased any phone yet, so looking for me this time would be very difficult for everyone. I don't even mind not having a phone with me these times anyway. Ever since that stupid band meeting two days ago, I started being more distant to almost everyone around me. I don't know, maybe I just don't like the thought that I am being manipulated in any possible way they could. That is the very least thing that I would ever want to happen.

I was sipping on my own cup of coffee when I suddenly felt someone watching me. I actually noticed this a few minutes ago, but I didn't even try to care. I know these stupid paparazzi will never get tired of their job. Will they ever try to find a decent and a proper one rather than trying to invade someone's privacy?

I pushed my glasses closer to my face and started walking in a fast pace, but I tried not to make it look like I'm trying my best to get rid of them. I'm not very good with the streets of LA yet, and walking around alone without a phone would be really risky and difficult since I've got no one to ask where to go, and I don't know who to talk to since I don't want to start any commotion here, basically because I am Calum Hood. I guess I really should start working on having a new phone any time soon.

My feet moved a bit faster than usual when a camera flashed straight ahead on me. I rolled my eyes behind this stupid irrelevant sunnies as I make my way to somewhere I don't even know. Two of the paps decided to finally come out, and that's when I knew that I should start doing something. Should I stop and say hi and try to be nice even just for once, or just try to run as fast as I could and head off somewhere I don't know just to get rid of them? I was left on my own thoughts, standing out of nowhere, when a tight grip on my right arm dragged me and made me run along with someone I don't even have any single idea who. I let myself get carried away, since it's a nice way to get rid of the cameras and media and all that, but the thing is, I don't even know who this stranger is. So the moment that I noticed that the paps are out of my sight already, I shook my arm and tried to let go of the grip, and decided to stop running.