Chapter 31: Her

"What up wacko?" I picked up the call from Zac, walking away from the group of adults that had formed around me, giving me no idea who they are.

"Uhm, there's a little problem Lau." He responded, his voice being a little silent.

My nose scrunched up a little, and I hate to admit it but it wasn't about the problem he was talking about. 

"What's the problem?" I asked.

"Belle has been sick since this morning, and I just can't leave her since mum's out. I tried finding a way bu-"

"It's okay." I smiled lightly, cutting him off. "Just say hi to Belle for me, and make sure she'll be fine."

"Are you sure you're gonna be okay?" He asked, sounding very concern through the line, which wasn't very necessary since I do know I'll be surrounded with people that are a hundred percent safe.

"Of course." I said with a little laugh, walking even closer to the shore. "It's my dad's wedding. I'm gonna be fine."

"I'm really sorry I won't make it. I really wanted to do but I uh- I just can't leave Belle."

I smiled after hearing those words from him. I like how he cares about his sister that much, especially now that he serves as a father to her too.

"Everything's fine, Zac." I said. "Just make sure she'll be okay."

"I will." And even though I couldn't see him, I could sense he's smiling. "Have fun, okay?"

"Sure." I smiled too. "Bye, Zac."

"Bye, Lau."

After hanging up the phone call, I checked the messages again for the time that my fingers could not count anymore. I sighed at the sight of no one other than messages from Karen that I refuse to check for a while on my inbox, and just locked the goddamn phone again. I walked closer to the shore, having the sand embracing my feet and the little waves of the sea meeting just past it. I'm trying not to get splashed by water, but I'm enjoying the little company that I'm having right now. My dad's wedding ceremony is going to happen here at a private beach resort, and I'm happy that in just about an hour or so, he will vow to spend the rest of his life with someone that's making him happy again. I know and I might not probably forget what the both of us went through before, but I didn't want to go on along my life having thorns in my chest about not forgiving my father. Our past could be two things. It could either be a curse, or a gift. But I didn't let life be a curse to me. I wanted my life experiences to serve as the reason to be strong enough to face the reality. I wanted everything to be a gift.

"Krissy!" I felt my body tensing up, once again. "Kristen, darling!"

This is why I hate it when family reunions happen.

"Yes, gramma?" I walked away from the shore, barefoot, carrying my phone and trying not to look annoyed on how my grandmother still sees me as my five year old self.

"What are you doing there honey, you're gonna get wet!" My grandma exclaimed as we both approach closer to each other.

"I just had to take a phone call." I responded with a smile, while trying to take some little amount of sand that got stuck on my dress.

"Better get back there! You won't like it when you get splashed by the waves! Look at you, awh." My grandma held me by my bare shoulders, making the both of us check out what I'm wearing. A pink lace dress that ended up just above my knees, and for some reason I still couldn't believe that I would be wearing this right now.

"The wedding is about to start and I don't want you to miss it, alright?" She added, making me smile as she beams a sweet smile to me again. I love her. "I'll wait for you in there."