Chapter 30: Him

Photo shoots and all that went on for the whole week of being in Melbourne. I started writing for my entire part on our book, and even though I know I'm not very good with that kind of stuff, I still tried writing about my life. To be honest, I really don't get the point of doing this book, or why do we have to write about ourselves in here when we can just express our feelings and stories in the songs we write. Maybe it's just another way to get our band into the "top", just like what Glenn is always trying to point out in every meeting. I was never good with business and all that kind of stuff. But on the brighter side, I'm enjoying it anyway. Especially the part where I could get to work with some people that I enjoy being with.

If there is one thing that I regret about doing for the past week, that would be bringing my car and insisting to drive all the way to Melbourne with Luke for at least ten hours on the road. I admit I love long drives, but driving alone would be very lonesome right now because I'll be going back on my own today for my dad's birthday in three days. I know I could take the plane instead, or go home the next day, but I wanted to take advantage of the one week break and just stay home with my bed and feel like a normal person again. I still prefer sleeping on my own bed than spending nights inside a hotel room.

A smile immediately crept into my face the moment my eyes landed on a familiar face, with a frown plastered on it, probably waiting for a ride while carrying her suitcase and a frappe on her other hand. I couldn't help but let out a laugh.

I pulled over in front of her, a look of confusion started flooding her emotions. I know, by the way she eyes my car, she knows that it's me. I had to bite my lower lip just to stop myself from laughing too much. I didn't know I can still make her feel nervous and distracted that much.

"Where are you going?" I asked with a laugh, hoping that she's not in some kind of a bitch mode because I don't want to deal with it right now.

Kristen rolled her eyes on me and took another sip on her drink, probably choosing to just ignore me and wait until I drive away.

"Why are you all packed?" I tried to get another answer, but there's clearly one thing I'm very sure of: she's not in the mood.

"I'm going back to Sydney." She stated, making me smile. "You?"

"Home." I replied.

"You have lots of home." Kristen retorted, making stop myself from saying things that I must not say.

"I'm heading back to Sydney too. Dad's birthday. You?" The sun is up and I could see her struggling from the heat. If we continue this conversation under the sun I'm pretty sure she'll bust my face in a bit.

"My dad is getting married tomorrow."

"And if you still wait for a ride here, which I think won't happen in any time soon, you won't make it on time at home." I tried pointing out again, and I don't even know why I'm doing this. Maybe I just really want to be a nice... friend.

"I'm all good." She stated with a plain smile, still trying to stay tough under the sun, and probably wanting me to start disappearing from her sight.

I really don't get her though. Yesterday she was all in a good, giddy mood and now it seems like the very least thing she wanted to happen today is to deal with me.

Why are girls so complicated?

"Okay." I replied, pulling off a fake smile on my face. "I'll just drop by your house tomorrow and tell Joe what happened just in case you get stuck in here."

That's when I know that I think I made a point when her mouth seemed like it dropped down from the ground. I motioned to roll my car windows up, but still waited for her to at least react again. Just when I thought I would go back home on my own...