Chapter 42: Him

My eyes slowly opened as the sun creeping through the curtains woke me up, causing my eyes to hurt a little. I breathed in some air for a moment, feeling the familiar warm sheets against my skin as I shift closer and closer to where I suppose to be. A smile started falling on my face— just as I keep faling and falling for her— as my fingers started searching for a particular contact next to me. I can feel my own heart beating against the bed I'm currently lying in, that it felt like it stopped when my hands met a piece of paper instead of a bare skin.

I quickly turned and shifted, grabbing the piece of paper that was lying neatly on the place where it shouldn't be. I can feel my face going numb, and my head spinning and throbbing for I may not really understand what I should feel or start thinking about. My hands quickly opened the little note, my heart following each word as it goes.

Calum,

I don't know why I did this but I knew right then that this is best thing I could ever come up with. I'm sorry I had to leave. I just had to.

I took your shirt by the way. That's just going to be the last piece of memory I'll have with you.

I'm sorry.

Kristen

And there, after reading those two heartbreaking words, I was left yet again with nothing but the bed sheets that contain each and every pieces of last night and an aching heart— screaming and crying.

She left.