Chapter 45: New Years Eve

•Part 45•

The next day Liam picked me up for school. It was the first morning where I woke up with a smile on my face and felt like I was full of life. It was bizarre to think that one person could make you feel so alive.

As soon as we got out of the car he took my hand. I was surprised, I mean, a few months ago, he refused to even look at me in school, and now, he was dropping me off, and leading me into school by the hand.

"You sure about this?" I asked, looking up at him.

A smile appeared on his face as he looked at me. "100 per cent." I bit back a smile. "You look beautiful today."

I looked down at my nude scallop crop cami top with gold embellished patterns, black skinny jeans with rips on both knees and black heeled chelsea boots and laughed, knowing it wasn't true. "Thanks."

"You're welcome babe." And before I had time to register his use of the word, 'babe', his lips were down on mine. I let go of his hand and cupped his face, bringing it closer to mine. There we were, standing in the middle of the parking lot, making out. I could feel every single person around us staring in astonishment but I didn't care, because this was my happy moment.

/////

"Hey guys." I grinned as Liam and I walked into the diner.

"Awh look at you two." Dylan cooed, looking at our interlocked hands.

I rolled my eyes, sliding into the booth, followed by Liam.

"Seriously, Dylan and I were talking about it earlier. We're so happy for you two." Poppy told us.

I smiled as Liam gave me a kiss on the cheek. "Likewise guys."

"So when's the wedding?" Poppy teased. I kicked her under the table subtly, earning an "Ouch that hurt."

"It was meant to." I smiled.

"Liam, wanna go and order?" Dylan asked, getting a nod in reply before leaving.

"So seriously, how are things? How do you feel finally being back with him?" Poppy asked.

"Happy." I admitted, smiling. "He led me into school, holding my hand today. He kissed me in front of everyone."

"Awh you sound like a 11 year old teenage girl." Poppy cooed.

I laughed. "I know. But looking back at how he used to treat me, him kissing me in front of everyone was the last thing I'd expect."

Poppy nodded. "I know, I completely understand."

"I hadn't realised how much happier I would be having him back in my life." I told her.

"Have you told him you love him?" She asked.

I shook my head. "I don't know how. I still feel so vulnerable when I say those words."

"You do love him though right?"

"Of course. I'm sure I do. And I will tell him, when it feels right."

"Are you going to the New Year's Eve party?" She asked.

"I want to, but I was hoping he'd ask me."

"Hasn't he yet?"

I shook my head. "Nope."

"I'm sure he will."

"What if it's too much of a statement?" I joked, remembering back to the words that killed me a few weeks back.

Poppy shook her head. "If he's kissed you in front of everyone, he'll take you to the party."

"And if he doesn't?" I asked.