Chapter 30: Catch Up

•Part 30•

So the weather was improving, which was weird. At this time of year it should be getting colder, I mean, what was the sun thinking waking me up at 7am with is freakin sun rays for the second day in a row now?

School was off today, due to some kind of teachers meeting and I knew I had two plans for today so I actually decided to dress up, jumping into a denim skater dress with a leather belt at the waist and a white lace collar, and a pair of brown leather multi strap sandal heels.

First thing on my agenda were my best friends who I had decided to meet at the local cafe for a morning coffee.

////

"Well well well, something tells me you didn't dress up like that for us." Poppy grinned as I took my seat.

I laughed. "I'm meeting Rachel for lunch."

"Oh yeah." Melissa gasped. "How did the rehearsal go?"

"Don't even..." I shook my head.

"Why?" Poppy asked confused. "What happened?"

"More like, who happened." I told them as the waiter brought me my coffee. "Thank you."

"Wait, it's not Liam is it?" Poppy asked.

"Well who else could it be?" I shrugged.

Melissa looked at me with total confusion. "But how--why was he there?"

"He's one of the groomsmen." I forced a smile.

"Please tell me you're joking."

"Trust me, I really wish I was." I sighed.

"Well did you guys speak?" Poppy asked. "Did he say anything?"

I nodded. "He tried making conversation."

"And how did that turn out?"

I took another sip of my coffee. "In me crying."

"Why?!" Poppy demanded. "What did he do?"

I laughed, trying to calm her down. "Nothing, it was my fault. I just kind of was thinking of the wedding and I just got upset." I regret breaking down in front of Liam. It was embarrassing and it made me look weak. On the other hand, I had told him everything I was thinking. Exactly how I was feeling. And maybe he could finally understand how much he hurt me.

"Luce," Melissa spoke up. "Don't ever let a guy make you feel like you will never be as happy as Rachel is. Believe me, one day that will be you, and the guy waiting for you at the end of the aisle will be a man that loves you, respects you and appreciates you in every way."

"I'm sorry for everything I said about him the other day." Poppy said. "I take everything back. You deserve so much better."

"Thank you guys." I smiled. "I love you both."

"Love you too." They both said, making us all erupt into laugher.

/////

"I'm sorry I'm late." Rachel panted as she took her seat opposite me.

I laughed. "Don't worry. I haven't been here long."

"I'm so glad we could meet up like this." She smiled. "I've been meaning to call you for a while now but with the wedding and everything it's been busy."

"Don't worry." I dismissed. "It's understandable."

"I must say though, after the events of yesterday, I'd ditch all my plans for a catch up."